Thread: rollbar padding... SFI?

Default rollbar padding... SFI?

Sorry to be a PITA but I don't have real internet other than this Droid... I also no longer get a GCR and for some reason can't find my old one (and can't download onto my phone!) Arrrrgggg.

Anyway, can anyone post the rules on rollbar padding. I think it changes or was changing to SFI tested but I can't remember. I will need to purchased some very soon.

Stephen

PS: with that being said I am looking for several feet of it along with a weld on quick release hub with matching wheel. If anyone sees anything in any classifieds let me know or give them my info. Thanks in advance!

Found it! Must be SFI 45.1 or FIA approved... details on page 104. I think a bunch of cars will need new padding that had annuals done on 09 that carried them through 2010 like myself...

If anyone finds some deals post them up, I am sure a few people will need to upgrade!
    Stephen

You left off the rest of the sentance: .....is recommended.
    (from the GCR with all the updates so it'd better be up to date)

That said I use the SFI padding anywhere my head can hit, and the pool noodle type everywhere else.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    You left off the rest of the sentance: .....is recommended.
    (from the GCR with all the updates so it'd better be up to date)

That said I use the SFI padding anywhere my head can hit, and the pool noodle type everywhere else.
    Not only is it up to date, but that part of the GCR hasn't changed since 2008. It does help if people actually read (all of) what is written.

Dave

Just get the SFI (or SFI-like stuff). It is hard for a reason--it works.

Pipe insulation is for plumbing--not roll cages.

Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    Just get the SFI (or SFI-like stuff). It is hard for a reason--it works.

Pipe insulation is for plumbing--not roll cages.
    But it looks sexy when placed all over the car.. You know, kind of like a REAL race car....
    Enjoy,
    Bill

Stephen, we have several sticks of leftover SFI padding left over from the Integra build. Contact Jeremy if you'd like to snag some. - GA

Thanks guys... I really thought I read something in the last year that was changing it from recommended to required but I may have mixed things up... kinda like not reading clearly past the comma. When I read this last night I was thinking before the comma was required and after the comma was recommended. I will take the public beating on reading the rules more clearly (since its clearly talking about headrests in the second part). Lesson learned!

I also agree with using "real" toolbar padding. Not sure why I never updated my old car... lazy, cheap and stupid!

Greg, I will send a pm to Jeremy!

Thanks,
    Stephen

Last time that I bought some of the newer style hard roll bar padding I had the choice of SFI or non-SFI certified. Same stuff, different price.

Charles is correct--about an $8.00 difference in price per stick.

Once again, that little SFI sticker adding safety to the racer...and for only $8