Thread: Cheapest source for Hawk Blues?

Default Cheapest source for Hawk Blues?

Need to order a new set and would like to know the cheapest source. Tried Bildon, but their check out doesn't work.
    Thanks
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

I've always had good results from the guys at RaceShopper, http://www.raceshopper.com/

Plus they're IT racers.

I used to think buybrakes.com had the best prices on Hawk pads for my 240SX, but with the SCCA discount (20%) Porterfield-Brakes.com has the best price I've been able to find. Nissan USA is also pretty cheap - about the same price as Porterfield - if you sign up for their contingency deal, but that doesn't help non-Nissan guys.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    Need to order a new set and would like to know the cheapest source. Thanks
    Get your lowest price then contact http://www.tracksidetim.com They will usually beat any deal... So give them a try.
    Last edited by Hotshoe; 12-06-2010 at 06:09 PM.

try tirerack as well
    Steve Elicati
    ITA 1994 Mazda Miata
    Central Florida Region

Figured I'd compile the different prices I found so far for the HB189E.595 pads from the suggestions given to save someone else from having to look at all the different choices. Haven't heard back from Raceshopper yet and haven't sent a message to tracksidetim to find his lowest price yet since I'm still waiting for Raceshopper. I'll post those quotes as soon as I get them. You can click on the links to see if there have been pricing updates since I looked at them.

Buy Brakes $137.87
    Porterfield $116.61
    Tire Rack $110.00
    Pegasus $99.99 for 1 to 2 or $94.64 for 3 or more
    Bildon $95.90 (Currently though his link to check out isn't working.)
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Figured I'd compile the different prices I found so far for the HB189E.595 pads from the suggestions given to save someone else from having to look at all the different choices. Haven't heard back from Raceshopper yet and haven't sent a message to tracksidetim to find his lowest price yet since I'm still waiting for Raceshopper. I'll post those quotes as soon as I get them. You can click on the links to see if there have been pricing updates since I looked at them.

Buy Brakes $137.87
    Porterfield $116.61
    Tire Rack $110.00
    Pegasus $99.99 for 1 to 2 or $94.64 for 3 or more
    Bildon $95.90 (Currently though his link to check out isn't working.)
    You forgot to take into account the Porterfield discount for SCCA members - they end up being $93.29 after discount.

Also, in checking back, the prices at Buy Brakes have gone up considerably - the last time I checked the Blues for my Nissan were ~$125 a set; now they're $158. Guess they just fell off my shopping list. By comparison, the same pads at Tire Rack are $152, Porterfield is ~$106 (after discount), Raceshopper is $121, and Pegasus is $130(1)/$119(2 or more). FWIW, Nissan guys who sign up for the contingency can get them for ~$108 a set.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Went as far as entering my credit info and saw no place to say I was an SCCA member on Porterfields page. Also, shipping was $6 more then Pegasus.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Went as far as entering my credit info and saw no place to say I was an SCCA member on Porterfields page. Also, shipping was $6 more then Pegasus.
    Sorry, probably should have mentioned you have to call in your order to get the discount. This, and a bunch of other discounts are listed in the member section of the SCCA website under "Discounts".
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5