Thread: Updating/Backdating

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sounds good, glad you guys are working on getting the horse back in front of the cart.

Hopefully having Greg on the STAC will help get the big picture aspect in the discussion. often our ACs have a "finishing line" mentality, to the detriment of a good foundation.

I suspect that, based on comments from Chris that there will be 'allowances' made to cars via line item exceptions. This has been termed 'comp adjustments' in the past. Based on the formulaic method of classing that ignores stock restrictions, yet requires stock components, ( a bit of a conflict there) this will be a needed step. And that's fine, IF the STAC can create a POLICY and PROCEDURE of when and how such allowances are made. Otherwise, it's going to be a category with many of the same drawbacks as some others.

And that would be a shame, because the ruleset has it's appeal.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

G. Engine
    1. Alternate engines may be used, given that if the manufacturer of the vehicle and engine are the same (e.g., an Acura
    engine installed into a Honda car) and was available in a car delivered in North America. The chosen engine must
    retain its original cylinder head and intake manifold. If an engine from a front wheel drive vehicle is installed in a rear
    wheel drive vehicle, alternate OEM intake manifolds may be considered

not clear, so can i take a 6cyl engine from a bmw e46 chassis (2001) n put it in my bmw 6cyl e36 chassis (1993), update/backdate

Quote Originally Posted by A.J View Post
    not clear, so can i take a 6cyl engine from a bmw e46 chassis (2001) n put it in my bmw 6cyl e36 chassis (1993), update/backdate
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Yes.
    so I can use a 3.2 motor in stu @ 3200lbs, but i can't use a 01 e46 m3 engine (s54 3.2),

Quote Originally Posted by A.J View Post
    so I can use a 3.2 motor in stu @ 3200lbs, but i can't use a 01 e46 m3 engine (s54 3.2),
    Again, x42 dash 3 slash 14 raised to the the 3rd.

E36 95-99 engine, whatever that is. Read Da rUleZ, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Again, x42 dash 3 slash 14 raised to the the 3rd.

E36 95-99 engine, whatever that is. Read Da rUleZ, bro!

i was just poking at the rules, my car is basically sold n the new owner wants a s54, it's going to another land

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Hopefully having Greg on the STAC will help get the big picture aspect in the discussion. often our ACs have a "finishing line" mentality, to the detriment of a good foundation.

I suspect that, based on comments from Chris that there will be 'allowances' made to cars via line item exceptions. This has been termed 'comp adjustments' in the past. Based on the formulaic method of classing that ignores stock restrictions, yet requires stock components, ( a bit of a conflict there) this will be a needed step. And that's fine, IF the STAC can create a POLICY and PROCEDURE of when and how such allowances are made. Otherwise, it's going to be a category with many of the same drawbacks as some others.

And that would be a shame, because the ruleset has it's appeal.
    Just an FYI, we plan on using SCCA owned Data Boxes installed in competitors cars to quantify vehicle performance and make weight and/or restrictor plate adjustments from there. We are starting with STO at Sebring next week.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit07 View Post
    Just an FYI, we plan on using SCCA owned Data Boxes installed in competitors cars to quantify vehicle performance and make weight and/or restrictor plate adjustments from there. We are starting with STO at Sebring next week.
    my car is basically sold, the new owner was to have tested it this week thur at sebring(postponed thanks to the snow) n then i was gonna run the national in sto (took as much weight out, install airplane wing), just to have some fun,i kind of saw this wc/stu thing coming, so i'm going in a different direction, i'll probadly go to daytona this weekend n watch the grand-am test