Just read through the December Fastrack and a couple of things in the STU Rules adjustments jumped out at me that I need some clarification on.

Engine rules are okay, but I will need to send my VTS in to get the compression allowance from my VTS. The bigger issue, as I see it, is the head porting rule. My VTS only allows for .75" porting past the insert. My reading of the rules seems to allow a lot more.

Transmission rules, only issue is allowing up to 6 gears in any box. My VTS only allowed 5. No biggie, but just a big expen$e to upgrade the box to a 6 speed.

Biggest issue is weight. My VTS allows me to run at 2500lbs with driver. The way I read the rules, I need to be at 2650 lbs then add the driver. Thats a pretty big difference, almost 350 lbs from the VTS.

Also, is the tire rule open for all R-compounds? If I have to run the tires from my VTS, then I need to dig up some old T1-R's, or could I rum the new Pirelli's, . The added grip of the Pirelli's should allow me to compensate for the grossly unbalanced F/R weight bias my car has.

Of course I would prefer not to have to change my car, but adding 350 lbs to it, is a pretty big killer. Any ideas as to how the STU cars laptimes at Mid Ohio compared to the previous generation (Toyo R888) times? Just want to see how I potentially stack up.

Eric