Thread: Camber plate help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Camber plate help

I ordered some camber plates from DP racing and they don't seem to fit right. The spring hat and thrust bearing/washers are too big for the shock. I emailed them pictures and they told me to file it down. I doubt they opened the pictures to look at it.

Here's a pic of my problem. I'm to the point now where I'll just pay a machinist to make new ones if I have to. I've got about a month left to work on my car before we get 20deg weather. Any idea on how to get them to fit?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd get back to the DP folks and say, "I have struts with a shaft diameter of [whatever] - can you help?"

Then hire the machinist.

K

What's the rest of the assembly look like? I don't see how you make the shocks fit the hat without having some sort of "bushing". I'd send them back if the won't work.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Here it is off their website:

http://designproductsracing.com/images/118.jpg

I told them specifically what shock I had when I ordered. They sell Tokico's so there's no excuse to getting the dimensions wrong. They sent a spacer for the mount so they got it half right. It took a few days to even get an email response the first time. I doubt I'll order anything from them again. I've honestly thought about just selling these at a loss and getting some techno-toy weld ins...I'm not ordering rear plates after this screw up.

This just really pisses me off. I'm trying to get my suspension finished so I can get my car into paint in Jan. A trade school is doing it so it's going to be gone awhile while they work on it. I was hoping to shake it down next year but these vendor problems are a PITA. Someone needs to make an ITS 240 in a box like they have for Spec Miata.........

Now that I think of it, there's a machinist in our car club. Do you think a spacer that would slip over the shock would work instead of a whole new redesign.

The spring perch should be cleared that much and should sit on the bottom of the slider with the needle bearings. If that is a com 10 bearing in the slider on their website you just need the sleeve to fit your shock. Do you have a picture of the slider you got with your kit?
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

+1 with what Steve said. You should have had a sleeve for your shock or they should have supplied different hardware.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown