I agree with both of you guys, wow a consensus, . It obviously wouldn't be accepted by the CRB.

If you can somehow keep the rule book simple and inclusive, rather than complex and exclusive, it would make sense for me and a number of other teams that have ex-WC Touring class cars to come out and play in the SCCA. If I needed to replace my wings, change my motors (I have 2 full on Kinetic 2.5L motors), change my gearboxes, then the cost threshold will be too high for it to make any sense and I will just stay where I am.

As an example, I looked at playing in a couple of races with the USTCC Series, then I looked at the need to build a new motor and it didn't make any sense.

The simpler he rules, the easier tech is and the more cars you can attract to the class. There is no way my car could ever or would ever be replicated as its just a weird package. If it couldn't run in STU, then if I wanted to run in the U.S. I guess I would need to look at HSR or NASA. I want to keep the car original so that someday it may have some nominal value as the last Pro Road Racing Mercury ever built.

Eric