Thread: "David vs. Goliath" - CRX vs 1.8 Miata story from ARRC

Default "David vs. Goliath" - CRX vs 1.8 Miata story from ARRC

as told by King Motorsports...

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/blog/...s-Goliath.aspx

Greg, Andy... ready? "Fight!" j/k
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Dude, don't be sayin' "Biggie Smalls" into a mirror three times unless you're prepared for it...

That said...nothing from me. I've long ago said my piece and have nothing else to add.

"Given the appellant has presented no new evidence, the Court of Appeals upholds the decision in its entirety; the appeal is denied. Mr. Amy's appeal is deemed well-founded and the appeal fee, less the amount retained by SCCA, will be returned."

GA

I wonder if an 8 year old would think the title was appropriate after reading the article.

The first lap saw the Miata and the CRX go two abreast into Turn 1, the Miata taking the point on corner exit. A true battle was on! Lap after lap, Price and Moser swapped the lead for the entire 45 minute race! The Miata and CRX battled nose to tail, always racing cleanly but not giving an inch. Price bobbled at turn 10a with one lap to go and Moser grabbed the lead. Price then used the 1.8 Miata power to repass Moser on the back straight but then bobbled on 10b on the last lap which opened the door for Moser to make the final pass for the win.

Described as the best race of the weekend, Price set a new race lap record of 1:40.741 with Moser second fastest at a 1:41.253. King Motorsport congratulates the 2010 ARRC ITA champion Joe Moser and the entire Moser race team, unbeaten in 2010!
    I REALLY REALLY wish Ruck was in that race with a car that was in tip top shape.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 11-10-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I wonder if an 8 year old would think the title was appropriate after reading the article.

I REALLY REALLY wish Ruck was in that race with a car that was in tip top shape.
    Argee and argee - Ruck 'could have' made it interesting.

Dude, don't be sayin' "Biggie Smalls" into a mirror three times unless you're prepared for it....
    Why I am envising someone singing "biggie smalls" in gangster rap music at a IT grid line up? That would be too funny. Thanks for not busting a cap in a$$ tGA.
    '92 Honda Civic Si

I'm sorry, but is this a joke? Ha, ha!! What, did an ITA RX7 just win the ARRC against an EXTREMELY well prepped and $$$$$$$ CRX and Miata? I think Joe did a hell of a job driving and give him a ton of credit, but this is far from a true underdog story.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    as told by King Motorsports...
    Dave, this statement didn't give it away?
    '92 Honda Civic Si

That was a great race to watch - the fist pump on being passed and then passing back - priceless!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

I'll say this, the CRX is HOOKED up in certain places. I'd love to see data on turn 7 apex and exit speed. And Joe has fast hands, for sure.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post

I really wish Ruck's ITA car had been in shape for the race too BUT I'm not sure he'd have been with Moser/Price. I remember chatting with Kevin 2 years ago when he won after the cold-air intake protest... (Moser won on the track lost in the shed) and IIRC Kevin plain old didn't have the speed to run with Joe. Yes, different year and tKR has been on a massive winning streak but I really don't know if the Teg can run the type of pace laid down this year.

Christian
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

True, Christian, but then JOE didn't know he was going to run that pace either. Credit the Moser team for eeeking even more out of that car.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    True, Christian, but then JOE didn't know he was going to run that pace either. Credit the Moser team for eeeking even more out of that car.
    Maybe... maybe not. Maybe after 2 year without a trophy, he and King came back loaded for bear and knew the car had more pace?

Christian, wondering if Joe was running King Motorsports "Miata conversion kit" on his CRX.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    I really wish Ruck's ITA car had been in shape for the race too BUT I'm not sure he'd have been with Moser/Price. I remember chatting with Kevin 2 years ago when he won after the cold-air intake protest... (Moser won on the track lost in the shed) and IIRC Kevin plain old didn't have the speed to run with Joe. Yes, different year and tKR has been on a massive winning streak but I really don't know if the Teg can run the type of pace laid down this year.Christian
    But if Kevin were running video he likely would have won in the tech shed (actually the tower) again this year.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    But if Kevin were running video he likely would have won in the tech shed (actually the tower) again this year.
    LOL. Great point Gregg!

edit & PS
    Did the timeframe to appeal the tower decision about the yellow flag thing already pass? Or was there even an appeal option?

Honestly I don't know if it was ever withdrawn by Rowdy. I'll check. If they simply ruled against for lack of evidence there is definitely still time to appeal. You have 10 days to submit (GCR 8.4.3.A.3).
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Hats off to Mr Moser for a spectacular drive. Very impressive driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    I really wish Ruck's ITA car had been in shape for the race too BUT I'm not sure he'd have been with Moser/Price. I remember chatting with Kevin 2 years ago when he won after the cold-air intake protest... (Moser won on the track lost in the shed) and IIRC Kevin plain old didn't have the speed to run with Joe. Yes, different year and tKR has been on a massive winning streak but I really don't know if the Teg can run the type of pace laid down this year.

Christian
    Last year I qualified at a 1:42.2 with absolutely no draft. This year it was much cooler, the car was on A6's instead of R6's, there's 80lbs of ballast in the passenger seat area instead of in my ass, and it's handling better than it ever has. There's no doubt in my mind my car could've ran in the 1:41's. I think I would've been right on Joe & Brian in qualifying, but as for the race, lets be honest - if Brian doesn't run it off the track four times during that race, he beats Joe pretty easily (and subsequently me)......my Integra can't even pull Joe's CRX like that.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I want to know how Brian made it through the gravel traps!!

That was the most impressive part!! LOL
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    I want to know how Brian made it through the gravel traps!!

That was the most impressive part!! LOL
    Knowing him and the way he drives, he was probably flat-out from when he was pointed at the gravel until he escaped. He is crazy.

His save at 14:20 of the first video was probably the craziest thing I noticed.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    Last year I qualified at a 1:42.2 with absolutely no draft. This year it was much cooler, the car was on A6's instead of R6's, there's 80lbs of ballast in the passenger seat area instead of in my ass, and it's handling better than it ever has. There's no doubt in my mind my car could've ran in the 1:41's. I think I would've been right on Joe & Brian in qualifying, but as for the race, lets be honest - if Brian doesn't run it off the track four times during that race, he beats Joe pretty easily (and subsequently me)......my Integra can't even pull Joe's CRX like that.
    Dude, 80#'s? Sweeeeeet

Agreed that Brian could have bagged the race if he could have kept it on the track.

I wish I saw some Flatout racer in the ITA event. Who would that dude be???
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion