Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IT Race at NJMP Nov. 20/21 ???

Default IT Race at NJMP Nov. 20/21 ???

Dear Drivers,
    We were asked to sponsor a possible IT race at NJMP on November 20/21. The event will be sanctioned by NASA at the Thunderbolt track. This past weekend NASA held a race/HPDE event with 265 cars present and it was an incredible event and weather was perfect. A week ago we had an SCCA regional and the weather was perfect as well. This is not yet definite but should be within 48 hours. The price will be $325 with prizes donated by Driving Impressions and TEAMDI. I will post more in the upcoming days but please keep the date open.
    Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca
    www.teamdi.com
    Proud sponsor of the TEAMDI PROIT SERIES and F2000 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

nomex long underwear?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

yes....that is certainly possible....

I was in that NASA race (or, parade, whichever you prefer) so, I am very interested in returning to T-Bolt. Please let me know!
    Last edited by Zee; 11-02-2010 at 02:15 AM. Reason: spelling

So NASA has IT classes now?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

NASA has invited SCCA/IT cars and drivers to have their own race. Here are further details:
    Here are the details you need.

2 day registration only
    $ 325 per entry
    2 race groups
    2 HPDE groups
    Each group will have 90 minutes of track time each day
    Racers will get 2 20 min. practice/qualifier plus 45 min. race
    Day starts at 9 am and will end at 4:30
    Registration will open at 7:30 am
    All hands meeting at 8:30

GUYS....THIS IS 3 HOURS OF TRACK TIME FOR $325. LET ME KNOW WHO THINKS THEY CAN MAKE THIS EVENT. WE WILL MAKE A FINAL DECISION THIS FRIDAY. We already booked the dates and just need to finalize with NJMP.

Saftey rules per SCCA or NASA?
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

This is a NASA sanctioned event so this will go by their safety rules. They will accept SCCA licenses and SCCA cars.
    Regarding the track....NASA have run there many times and the safety crews are the same used by SCCA which is MRS or Milleville Rescue Squad. The corner workers are from the track and they have plenty of experience with SCCA events as well.
    One thing I failed to mention is you can also register for their HPDE which is unmuffled for those who need track time and prefer not to race. NASA is getting very aggressive in their events in the Northeast. We just had 265 cars this past weekend which included many PCA, SCCA members as well as others. They ran a flawless event and obviously the numbers speak for themselves. They allow turbos, superchargers, etc......a wide variety of cars that SCCA does not allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Zecca View Post
    This is a NASA sanctioned event so this will go by their safety rules. They will accept SCCA licenses and SCCA cars.
    I think raffaelli is asking whether one has to suckle at the anus of SFI or whether one can use a better Head and Neck Restraint System.

Does it actually snow in Jersey, or does that s**t become pollution before it hits the ground...?

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    I think raffaelli is asking whether one has to suckle at the anus of SFI or whether one can use a better Head and Neck Restraint System.
    I was wondering about that myself... I for one will NOT run NASA as long as this is the case :/
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Guys....I will look into the H&N requirement and get back to you soon regarding that. FYI.....I believe Hans will be mandatory in SCCA in 6/11. SCCA should be making an announcement shortly on this.
    PCA, BMW and NASA races all require Hans and I know the pressure is on SCCA to follow suit.

Is this SCCA sanctioned? Does this count towards an SCCA license or is it just NASA running an event using the SCCA ruleset? If it is SCCA sanctioned I think its an interesting way to possibly attract"racers" from the HPDE they do. Keep us posted on wether or not it works!

Stephen

Im Interested.... Can we shed any light on the race groups.. is it all IT cars together in one group or will we be mixed with a dozen NASA groups?

Will they accept my annual tech or will I have to do a NASA annual?

other than H&N is there any other NASA silliness that i should be aware of? I have only run SCCA.

Thanks

Matt.....they will take your license and your SCCA tech label is legal as well......The race will be just like a Pro IT event with all 6 classes together and not mixed with anyone else. Tell John H and anyone else who may be interested. The response has been very good......

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Zecca View Post
    Guys....I will look into the H&N requirement and get back to you soon regarding that. FYI.....I believe Hans will be mandatory in SCCA in 6/11. SCCA should be making an announcement shortly on this.
    PCA, BMW and NASA races all require Hans and I know the pressure is on SCCA to follow suit.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

The STL propaosal showed that the Head and neck requirment was optional until 1/1/12. Led me to do some research and in the rules for next season,2011 the book will say Head and Neck Restarints per sfi something REQUIRED 1/1/12
    Dont recall if this was passed or "not recomended at this time"
    The witing is on the wall. Just get one and avoid the rush. I feel bad for the new guy who has to buy a suit,gloves,shoes helmet,socks and such and then spend xxx$ on top of all that just to do a school and see if "Other Sports Beckon"

Dan 77 IT7

Sounds interesting. Just need to get the car in shape after all the fun we had at 'the JERK' !

We had a few E30 NASA car/drivers enter in the Pro IT, be nice to drive with them again.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Only two race groups? (!) Even with only 80-100 cars, that will be alot of traffic. I saw some in-car from this past weekend and it looked like the Turnpike at rush-hour. And at a so-so entry of 120, that'd be 60.

=:-O
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post

Yeah, I think there is some right side net stuff too.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP