Thread: The Philosophy of Super Touring...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On the brake issue, what if the brakes follow the motor? Swap in a motor to a chassis with little brakes and you can bring along the full size binders that were oem on the donor vehicle.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    On the brake issue, what if the brakes follow the motor? Swap in a motor to a chassis with little brakes and you can bring along the full size binders that were oem on the donor vehicle.
    An excellent suggestion! And again, I like this because it makes sense, makes you choose your horse and ride it - and it applies to the WHOLE category.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I was going to type...then I read Andy's posts.
    Listen to Andy! He gets it.
    Case by case> NO!!! So I have to pay off my guy on the STAC/CRB?BoD?? Cuz' thats EXACTLY what people will think, mutter and complain about. Good for one, good for all.

And, if you want to put that big motor, in, fine, but live with the consequences. I like Chris' solution, and I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if certain cars don't have better parts OEM. Oh well.
    But, I, and I bet many others, are going to flip when line item 'gimmes" come down the pike.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

... will be considered on a case by case basis.

THAT right there, all by itself, is enough to keep my from ever, EVER having anything to do with STL.

I'm categorically NOT going to race in any class where I have to get into bed with someone on a committee to get what is right. I'm not alone in this regard, in that this is precisely what ruins Production for more than a few people I know.

Make the rules, enforce the rules, live with the rules.

K

re: brakes - what's wrong with a blanket allowance of rotor up to X diameter and calipers with N pistons max, up to D maximum diameter, or stock? just like in STU, but reign the numbers in.

Shoot for numbers that cover the common "hot rod" brake parts like 'teg Type R or corrado rotors, supra/300zx/2nd gen RX7 calipers. this doesn't have to be expensive, and it keeps the field more level and safe without favoritism, real or assumed. remember it will be realistic to see both a 1900# FWD/strut 1.5L with ~165hp and a 2665# 2.0L RWD car making 220+hp - one will likely have kart brakes while the other might be alright as is. write the allowances correctly NOW.