Thread: The Philosophy of Super Touring...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    ... But I'm getting the feeling that Club did not have the technology and/or manpower to properly police such a varying set of rules (e.g., anyone here have experience with the 2001 WC rules?) so they wanted to re-develop the rules to coincide with the current WC rules. And that's fine by me, I just hope that the rules do not alienate existing STO/STU cars (e.g., I'm aware of at least one team whose WC-legal Hondas are not legal to the new STU rules due to JDM engines, compression, and "Frankenstein" builds.)

More thoughts to come.

GA
    Speaking of the 2001 WC rules, does anyone even have acess to a copy of the 01 WC rules? I know for a fact that my motor was built for WC and had an alternate oe intake manifold on it, yet the STx rules specifically prohibit alternate intake manifolds swaps...
    Also, why not have rear wings in STL? Also, make the wing sizes such that they're avalible. Sure professional WC teams can have any wing made, but club racers need an easy source of parts ( what really killed the SIR for me was that only two companies made them and then I needed to fab the whole intake tract to not collapse when tested! )
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Rear wings are allowed in STL: 48" max width, with mounting location restrictions.

As for common availability, there's not much. HPM used to offer a spec 48" wing for WCT 5+ years ago, but they're out of business. The part number was "HPM-9000-AU" but I can't find anything on it, or who might be able to make them...

GA