Thread: Sources for STU sized Wing??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    Also, the GTC-200 is/was listed on SCCA Pro's allowed wings list for Touring class- which was spec'd at 8.5" x 48" just like ours is now. I haven't been able to find the list on pro racing's website...
    Save your paper; that request has already been submitted.

I have a copy of that Pro Racing document listing the APR GTC-200 as an explicitly approved wing for WC Touring as of November 2009 (right before they changed the rules to the new classes for 2010 <rolleyes>). Given that the 2010 PRR did not include the specs from the 2009 PRR, and the 2009 PRR was referenced for the 2010 GTS class, that change was never published elsewhere.

Regardless, a little birdie told me that STU/L will probably be keeping the 8.5" chord requirement, but with the APR GTC-200 wing specifically allowed due to its prior inclusion in WCT 2009 (as I understand it, all other wings from the 2009 PRR meet the 8.5x48 requirement, which is where that dimension came from).

That, of course, is nothing more than personal opinion, rumor, and innuendo, and - of course - is not actually official/approved until it appears in Fastrack.

Sit tight.

GA

P.S. For technical reference, a wing's "chord" is the straight-line measurement from the center of the radius of the leading edge to the center of the radius of the trailing edge. Ergo, it's not a distance that can always be accurately measured with a tape...
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 12-07-2010 at 09:40 PM.