I’ve been looking through the October edition of the GCR and the August Fastrack but I can’t seem to find a line anywhere that talks about mirrors. I’m wondering if I have to put the side mirrors back on my IT car to run STU and/or STL. Since there didn’t seem to be a line about removing mirrors, I figured I was going to have to put them back on -- but then it occurred to me: I can’t find a mention about mirrors anywhere for ST. There must be a line allowing mirrors inside the cabin, but I can’t find it. The only line I can find that may allow the removal of the side mirrors is the one that reads "Non-essential body items and trim may be removed". Do side mirrors fall under "non-essential"?

My next question is about front spoilers/splitters. I have a spoiler on the front of my IT Miata that looks similar to the factory one, but mine is a little more aggressive looking. From how I read the STU/L rules, the lip spoiler I have doesn’t seem to be legal in STU or STL because it’s not a splitter with only horizontal and vertical lines. Is this correct?