Thread: STL - what's going to be hot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best estimated power to weights? Anyone done the math on their favorite STL car yet? I am thinking between 11.0 and 12.0 will be a real runner. Weight / whp.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Just a note, I have tried to get a delsol under 2000# for STU..Its almost impossible, we did lexan, removed all structure from the hood & deck lid, I also tried cutting holes in the bumper rebar and broke several hole saws, its made out of Kryptonite or titanium? We even cut off every non essential metal bracket, there is like 5 brackets holding the hyd clutch line & hose..... We are at 2180 with a skinny 160lb driver.The first 200# is easy... It has a B18 Integra LS engine with 180ish hp(its built), and a GSX box...11in corrado rotors & wilwood 4 puck calipers...FUN CAR!!!!! It did a 1.45.00 at MAM.WAHOO!!!!.. We are going to mill the head .030-.040 this winter, do a HOG out port job, Maybe a scirocco 4lb radiator, lighter oil cooler, Swedge tube/heim joint lower C-arms, The uppers are already light......

I would love to see this setup in a CRX, and some 225-45-15s A6's.....

Edit: Miatas are going to come in and ruin the ST classes just like they did to ITA.......Only kidding... I love my rabbit!
    Last edited by Lael Cleland; 12-28-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    "Nebraska organizing committees
    to race in Iowa & Ne board thing "
    Still working on a name...
    X-MVRG Member...
    ITB Rabbit/ITA Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Best estimated power to weights? Anyone done the math on their favorite STL car yet? I am thinking between 11.0 and 12.0 will be a real runner. Weight / whp.
    100 crank per liter is the target.

We need things to shake out to see if we are correct.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit07 View Post
    100 crank per liter is the target.

We need things to shake out to see if we are correct.
    Really? So 180 crank hp for a 1.8L?

If a GSR motor makes 200whp in full STU trim, that is an estimated 235 at the crank...or about 130 crank hp/liter.
    Andy Bettencourt

Really? So 180 crank hp for a 1.8L?

If a GSR motor makes 200whp in full STU trim, that is an estimated 235 at the crank...or about 130 crank hp/liter.
    120 crank for STU is the target, so close.

Mike VanSteinberg told me he has ITS Miatas making 160ish whp, so why not?
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

120 crank for STU is the target, so close.

Mike VanSteinberg told me he has ITS Miatas making 160ish whp, so why not?
    So Chris, forgive me, I don't get it. What kind of 'target' are we talking about here and how does it figure into classification?

I see the 'target' in STL to be 130hp/L because that seems to be the 'easy' button.
    Andy Bettencourt

So Chris, forgive me, I don't get it. What kind of 'target' are we talking about here and how does it figure into classification?

I see the 'target' in STL to be 130hp/L because that seems to be the 'easy' button.
    The "target" is what we expect to see in STL and STU. Not saying that some may make more or less.

I am not yet at liberty to say exactly what the "big picture" is. But yes power to weight is a consideration. We need for the ST classes to have stability in the long run. If a car is competitive today it should be 4 years from now.
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

The "target" is what we expect to see in STL and STU. Not saying that some may make more or less.

I am not yet at liberty to say exactly what the "big picture" is. But yes power to weight is a consideration. We need for the ST classes to have stability in the long run. If a car is competitive today it should be 4 years from now.
    Your stability goal is "Job #1" as Ford used to say and I applaud that. Just not sure why there would be any 'targets' at all given it's a weight/cc class.

Clearly, 130hp/liter is the 1.8 target (or about 12lb/whp) in practical application.

Which is, BTW, totally irrelevant. I just use it when considering cars that could be competitive. If they can be or not doesn't matter at all. You have a set of rules, firm up the grey areas, dot your i's and cross your t's...then watch it grow. If it has enough fertilizer (people who like the cars that can compete and the rules), the roots will grow! LOL
    Andy Bettencourt