Thread: Weight loss

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A couple things to note...
    The windshield must have an "effective anti-fogging device", which could be a fan blowing on the glass, a film coating, or even a rag on a stick... but it's something to think about if/when you pull the dash apart.

For my interior, there's absolutely nothing left other than the dash. I have an antifogging film on the glass. No problems with fog.... yet...
    Everything that has to be there, nothing that doesn't. http://blehmco.com/pics/240SX/interior/DSCN0222.jpg

And yes, my washer bottle has been replaced by the mandatory 1qt catch cans for the engine and transmission. (then of course one leaked at the last race and dumped oil all over my RF tire... I wondered why it wouldn't turn left!)

Also.. My passenger window (both windwos actually) have been removed, but I left the top section of the rails in. I then riveted some sheet metal stops in it and I just drop the glass into the door when I need to store the car outside or it's raining at the track. it's not completely waterproof, but it keeps out 99% of the rain so I have no worries storing it outside.

For fiber panels, the only things you're allowed are the hood and trunk/hatch. Fenders and doors must remain stock. I'm guessing you figured that out due to the revision.

As for how much this stuff removes,
    The power window assy is about 5lb in each door. the glass 10lb each door.
    front windshield weighs 25lb or so, and lexan is 1/2 that. so lose 12lb up front. you can go to 1/8" lexan in back, so you'll lose about 18lb on the rear window.
    The factory hood on my car weighs about 40lb. A $275 fiberglass version weighs 13lb.
    The trunklid w/ factory wing weighs 35-40lb. think 15lb with that.
    bumper supports may be 'modified' as long as they are identifiable as the factory part. (at least for STU) so get out the plasma cutter and lose another 25lb if you're willing to compromise a bit of structure in the bumpers.

umm yeah. My $0.02..
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 10-30-2010 at 07:59 PM.