Thread: In the market for a new race car

I'm with you, Vaughn.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Remember Bill, when you're read to move on the suspension, talk to Matt and I. We can discuss several setups, AND (if my dealer accounts are still active- and they should be) I can get you really good pricing on the pieces you need.

As far as the engine, send me some pics when you get it apart. I have a shop around here that I really trust, and if need be, I can get you in on my tab there also. Perhaps we can meet up halfway to save on shipping. I also have spares (read- cores) here if needed.

Only bad thing is that when I come to MidO again, I don't want you kicking my ass out there. My first day on that track was pretty dismal, so I have a lot of work trying to tighten up the nut behind the wheel...

On your question Bill- we have no tower brace in the front. I actually believe that if you were going to do one, you'd get more benefit from a lower than an upper. I can also tell you that the suspension will give you MUCH more bang-for-the-buck than the motor will. I went down on power at two events this season, and at both I continued to turn very respectable times. Your current suspension is a much bigger issue than that old motor.
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

Bill,

I noticed in another thread that you have "Phillips Racing Engines" in your signature. Now either you are trying to tell us the shoddy shop who built your engine inadvertently or you are foolishly supporting someone who built you a junk engine. Which one is it?
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

Quote Originally Posted by rsportvolvo View Post
    Bill,

I noticed in another thread that you have "Phillips Racing Engines" in your signature. Now either you are trying to tell us the shoddy shop who built your engine inadvertently or you are foolishly supporting someone who built you a junk engine. Which one is it?
    Oversight on my part. The error has been corrected.

Hope to get the engine torn down this week.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com