Howdy,

I have a '95 Neon in ITA. I want to fit an adjustable proportioning valve.

The neon uses the modern double diagonal system, with OEM prop valves threaded into the master cylinder on the two right side outputs that go to the rears. I'm planning on plugging the two right side ports, then "un-diagonaling" the master cylinder by running the left rear port to the prop valve, then to a T, then to the rear calipers. I'll run the left front port to a T, then to the front calipers. I'm figuring on using regular steel 3/16" brake line and brass T's.

First, anyone know where to get block off fittings for 45 deg inverted double flare ports? The stock prop valves have one with a 3/8-24 thread output and one with a 7/16-24 output, both with 3/16" lines. The input side of the prop valve is some big thread diameter, with an o-ring that's capture in there. I'd love to block off directly at the M/C, but if that's not possible, I'd like to block off at the brake line port off the stock prop valves.

Second, I'm going to need to make my own lines for this, and I'm having trouble figuring out what flaring tool to buy. I need 45 deg inverted double flares. Most folks say the cheap $50 and under kits are junk and the pros seem to use MasterCool setups that are way out of my price range. Are there any intermediate range tools? Will I get reasonable results out of the cheap tools if I'm willing to spend a little more time and throw away some brake line?

Appreciate any help. Sorry if these questions have come up before. I searched, but didn't see anything.

Mark