Thread: Tim Nickel, passed last night...

Unhappy Tim Nickel, passed last night...

This is from Cal-Club's message board. FYI, if you have acid reflux be sure to have screenings for esophogus and throat cancer. Tim was only 44.

http://www.calclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3797

Steve Staveley:

Ceci advises ( Tim passed away last night at 5:15 pm....... very very sad, but he is no longer in pain.) Tim ran a lovely Lexus (white). I got to co drive the car at the last enduro we ran. Tim was a deputy sheriff in Fresno County and on leave for the past several months as he fought the throat cancer. Tim was being treated at Stanford Medical Center and I talked to him at lenght at our May event and the LBGP. He told me then that it was an uphill battle, but he had such a positive attitude when I visited with him. I think Tim had two daughters at home, both in the early teens or so. He spend a lot of time with them, in the past several months. He was telling me the last time I saw him (and was teasing him about not having hair ) that they really enjoyed going to D land.

One of the things he told me is that he had acid reflux for years and that he only learned recently that it that condition that most likey caused his cancer. He said something like "if I had only known that a couple of phone books under the mattres could have avoided this whole thing". By the way that is a similar story to that of our friend Bill Stearns the year before.

Nice guy, good racer and from what I hear a good cop. I will miss racing with him just as I miss Bill.
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 10-05-2010 at 11:01 PM.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    This is from Cal-Club's message board. FYI, if you have acid reflux be sure to have screenings for esophogus and throat cancer. Tim was only 44.

http://www.calclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3797

Steve Staveley:

Ceci advises ( Tim passed away last night at 5:15 pm....... very very sad, but he is no longer in pain.) Tim ran a lovely Lexus (white). I got to co drive the car at the last enduro we ran. Tim was a deputy sheriff in Fresno County and on leave for the past several months as he fought the throat cancer. Tim was being treated at Stanford Medical Center and I talked to him at lenght at our May event and the LBGP. He told me then that it was an uphill battle, but he had such a positive attitude when I visited with him. I think Tim had two daughters at home, both in the early teens or so. He spend a lot of time with them, in the past several months. He was telling me the last time I saw him (and was teasing him about not having hair ) that they really enjoyed going to D land.

One of the things he told me is that he had acid reflux for years and that he only learned recently that it that condition that most likey caused his cancer. He said something like "if I had only known that a couple of phone books under the mattres could have avoided this whole thing". By the way that is a similar story to that of our friend Bill Stearns the year before.

Nice guy, good racer and from what I hear a good cop. I will miss racing with him just as I miss Bill.
    Damn. RIP
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)