I was talking to a friend out in B.C. last night. It seems like he developed the same issue with Mobil 1 and oil pressure about 2 years ago. It seems that after Mobil 1 sued a competitor over their definition of synthetic (they were using a part of the blend based on modified dino oil) and lost, they converted their formula as well to a blend of modified dino oil and a true synthetic. This was less costly and would work for 99% of their customers and still allow them to call the product a synthetic.

He was suffering from loss of oil pressure and viscosity when very hot as well. After talking to his engine builder who confirmed the issue, he converted to Motul 300V and everything was fine and the pressures returned to normal when he was up in the 250 degree area. As a side benefit the oil smelled like maple flavoured bacon. He says that whenever he is driving his car now, he gets a bit hungry and he doesn't know why, LOL.

I guess I need to convert back to Redline Race or Motul 300V. Can we say KA-CHIIING $$$$$$$$. The first few times I ran the car it was with Redline 40 wt Race oil and had no issues. It has only been since I converted to Mobil 1 20w50 that I have been having issues, hmmmmm....... Seems like an easy fix.