What an excellent weekend of racing. South Jersey Region can really put on an excellent show and the folks at NJMP are really tops. Very efficient, friendly and excellent at taking care of an oiled up track.

ITR/ITS/ITB
I had some brain fade and was late to 2 of the grids. I thought we were third group after lunch and we were second - watched from the motor home with my jaw dropped as the pace car took my run group out for the first qualifying race. Ran and strapped into the car, made it onto the track and was about 3/4 of a lap back when the green waved. Managed to battle up to 9th. Then for qualifying race 2 the car wouldn't start. Turns out the fuel gauge decided to go kooky and we were on fumes, throw 5 gallons in and manage to get out last on the pace lap. Battled from last up to fourth so at least I had a decent starting spot. For the classic race got a good start and took first at T1 but knew I had no grip to stay ahead. Matt Rooke dove to the inside for the lead at the hump and I gave enough racing room to run wide off the track and let about 5-6 cars by. Wished I had hung with Matt and John H. but lost sight of those guys. They were running low 16s and mid 15s all weekend - VERY fast. Battled up to third overall - great time out there.

Classic Race results
ITS
Rooke
Hainsworth
Greggory

ITR - I was the only guy - you folks missed a ton of track time :-(

ITB - don't know

STU
I had better luck with STU and was able to win the two qualifier races. Qualifier race 1 was a good time with Windell - got the time down to a 1:16.5 and was able to win that overall. Windell had motor trouble and dropped out but we did have a nice run together. A fellow (Sean) arrived Sunday with a full on World Challenge BMW so I figured my goose was cooked. Got lucking during the Sunday qualier race 2 when the BMW went off at turn 1 and won that. For the classic race, last one of the season the tires were down to nothing - I think I got about 25 heat cycles out of that set of Hoosiers! It was all I could do to stay in front of the ITS Miatas with no grip. Sorta like an A sedan - stretch it out on power and then dog it in the turns. The BMW finished 1st with a 1:13.9, took second with a slow 1:18.8 - but it was a good challenge to figure out how to adjust the line as the grip dropped away.

STU
BMW - Sean
Phillips
Yannis Tousinas

The season is officially over for BigSpeed - figure a new paint job and some major dyno tuning this winter :-)