Thread: Jersey Road Racing Classic at NJMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I plan to be there, will be my first race at Lightning, only did a track day there a year ago - in my street Corolla.

Wes, I do have video of that, but you'd be better off searching teh utubeZ, unless you want to look at the track very slowly
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

PS - WARNING - if I remember correctly, the dirt on the outside of the 90 deg lefthander after the bridge, right before the exit curb starts, was pretty worn, so that I bent a (very sturdy) wheel when I went from the dug-out dirt onto the curb.

That was a year ago - hope they fixed it - but worth sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Noeske View Post
    PS - WARNING - if I remember correctly, the dirt on the outside of the 90 deg lefthander after the bridge, right before the exit curb starts, was pretty worn, so that I bent a (very sturdy) wheel when I went from the dug-out dirt onto the curb.

That was a year ago - hope they fixed it - but worth sharing.
    Kai, the curbing there is not a problem, but as of July the curbing at the top of the hill just before the bridge (driver's left) is still a rim eater. I know somebody who killed three rims there last year during the SARRC/MARRS challenge.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckerboy View Post
    ... the curbing at the top of the hill just before the bridge (driver's left) is still a rim eater. I know somebody who killed three rims there last year during the SARRC/MARRS challenge.
    I remember when I ran that track for the first time, I thought to myself that whoever designed that course BADLY misjudged the lines around it: I don't think there was even one entrance or exit curb in the right place...

Either that, or we all suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I remember when I ran that track for the first time, I thought to myself that whoever designed that course BADLY misjudged the lines around it: I don't think there was even one entrance or exit curb in the right place...

Either that, or we all suck.
    Was the track designed with a different set of laws of Physics in mind, maybe ? According to one instructor, owners of a certain German car make tend to drive ideal lines that are inconsistent with the Physics of the Common Man...

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Noeske View Post
    Was the track designed with a different set of laws of Physics in mind, maybe ? According to one instructor, owners of a certain German car make tend to drive ideal lines that are inconsistent with the Physics of the Common Man...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

We'll be there with our ITA 240sx for it's second race weekend ever! Justin will be driving this time, double dipping into STU. This will be his first time even going to a race track in a year and a half!! We'll see if he remembers how to drive... We will be bringing along two crew member friends that I've just gotten interested in the sport. I will be playing crew chief...

I look forward to seeing yous guys there!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckerboy View Post
    Kai, the curbing there is not a problem, but as of July the curbing at the top of the hill just before the bridge (driver's left) is still a rim eater. I know somebody who killed three rims there last year during the SARRC/MARRS challenge.
    Thanks for the warning Rob - I know how much of a sacrifice it is for you to remove a possible fail from a Honda Honey's in-car video.

First time I am glad the car needs to run its 19 lb "lightweight" stock alloys...!

I'm with Greg, it seems like there are lots of places the curbs are too far along the track at track out, and you slip a bit wide, go 9" off, then BAM, you hit the butt end of the curb. Just after the 'hill", that up and over right hander, at track out looked NASTY when I was last there, and I made sure to not put a wheel off there.
    Rob, THREE rims? Fool me once, etc etc etc...your guy isn't a quick learner, is he? LOL
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com