Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jersey Road Racing Classic at NJMP

Default Jersey Road Racing Classic at NJMP

The Northern New Jersey and South Jersey regions will be conducting a NJRRS championship series event at New Jersey Motorsports Park. This event is the Jersey Road Racing Classic (JRRC) regional races on the Lightning course on 23-24 October.

The Run-Offs are done, the NARRC-offs are drying out, time to get excited for the "Jerk" (keep your mind on the wheel). The Jersey Road Racing Classic is just around the corner. The JRRC will be season finale for the NJRRS series - NJRRS Points - as well as the last 2010 race in the Northeast Division. One last opportunity to run your car before the winter break / overhaul.

The event schedule has a Saturday morning qualifying session followed by three races for each group. Lots of track time, plenty of racing. Two days, three races - Race, Race, Race!

There will be no separate SCCA Test Day for the JRRC.

Online registration is now open at on the DLB site - Select South Jersey Region or Northeast Division as the Club to see the event calendar.

Schedule and Supps ... Entry

Terry

So whos going?

I will be making my NJMP deput running ITS and STU.

on that note, anyone have video of Lighting? preferably from a rx7?

Wes
    Wes
    29 ITS

Perfect timing! Just read the sups last night... Had to take a few breaths to ensure that I'd be polite to those that give so much to help make this stuff happen. :/

I plan to contact said people, but I wanted to post up here as well. Why is STU in with half the IT classes?

Can this be changed? Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Last edited by CRallo; 10-18-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Contact the Chief Steward. You can always ask.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    Why is STU in with half the IT classes?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    Contact the Chief Steward. You can always ask.
    Food for thought for next year: with the expected introduction of ST Light, STU can be run with the slower (2.0 L and under) IT cars (e.g., ITA/B/C/7) like in this event, and STL can be run with the faster IT cars (e.g., ITS/ITR). This way the faster IT cars can double-dip into STU and the slower cars can double-dip in STL.

More money, more fun for all.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Food for thought for next year: with the expected introduction of ST Light, STU can be run with the slower (2.0 L and under) IT cars (e.g., ITA/B/C/7) like in this event, and STL can be run with the faster IT cars (e.g., ITS/ITR). This way the faster IT cars can double-dip into STU and the slower cars can double-dip in STL.

More money, more fun for all.

GA
    Def on the right track Greg, but what about the slow cars with big engines? Lol

STU has been moved to group three!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    STU has been moved to group three!
    Except that I was registered for ITS and STU both now group 3....
    Wes
    29 ITS

I plan to be there, will be my first race at Lightning, only did a track day there a year ago - in my street Corolla.

Wes, I do have video of that, but you'd be better off searching teh utubeZ, unless you want to look at the track very slowly
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

PS - WARNING - if I remember correctly, the dirt on the outside of the 90 deg lefthander after the bridge, right before the exit curb starts, was pretty worn, so that I bent a (very sturdy) wheel when I went from the dug-out dirt onto the curb.

That was a year ago - hope they fixed it - but worth sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbronco View Post
    Except that I was registered for ITS and STU both now group 3....
    Oh no! That's no good either

Dunno why the change was made or who asked for it if anyone, it was actually made Friday, but the online supps were not updated until today... There is a way to do this that works for everyone... STU usually gets grouped with SSM up here. SSM was by its self with 6 cars as of last night. And SRF is by its self as well though the nunbers are a bit better...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Yeah i have no idea what happened. I registered this morning and they were for sure separate groups.

I emailed the registration about it. So we will see what happens. currently Im the only one that has a conflict. not entirely sure why they moved STU
    Wes
    29 ITS

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbronco View Post
    Yeah i have no idea what happened. I registered this morning and they were for sure separate groups.

I emailed the registration about it. So we will see what happens. currently Im the only one that has a conflict. not entirely sure why they moved STU

This falls into the category of "No good deed goes unpunished." The organizers mioved STU and SPU in order to accommodate some entrants who wanted to enter two race groups. Unfortunately, this created your conflict.

The Chief Steward is currently re-jigging the moves in order to prevent conflicts, while still accommodating double-dippers.

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    This falls into the category of "No good deed goes unpunished." The organizers mioved STU and SPU in order to accommodate some entrants who wanted to enter two race groups. Unfortunately, this created your conflict.

The Chief Steward is currently re-jigging the moves in order to prevent conflicts, while still accommodating double-dippers.
    Good idea seeing as how STU is actually specifically designed to accomodate IT double dippers.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post

OK glad to know things are being worked on. Registration passed my email on to the chief steward but i hadnt heard anything back yet.
    Wes
    29 ITS

Will there be a tire service at the event?

I haven't moved all my wheels to Baltimore yet, so it would be great to have a fallback in case I need fresh rubber along the weekend.

Alternatively, Andy, do you have a tire machine in your flatout truck? I am running the same size as SM.

http://www.treadzone.com

last I heard Joe Specht will be there. I'm going to try the Hankooks on the Mazda.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Thanks! I was thinking about going to the BFG R1s - they seem to be the tire-to-have for FWD SS.

Wes / Chris

Oh no! That's no good either
    A change has been approved to move STU / SPU to Group 5 so that it will not conflict with any IT class. The schedule / supps will be updated on DLB later today.

Our original change addressed the STU entrants when we made it (last Friday). After that decision was made, we had several additional STU entrants, some with conflicts. I believe that we have it right now.

Terry

Thanks for keeping us posted Terry!
    Wes
    29 ITS

I spoke to Smarty earlier this morning. He will be down as well.

http://www.northeastracingtire.com
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony