Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jersey Road Racing Classic at NJMP

Rob you not alone, with the whole weekend starting better then it ended.

I arrived friday evening. got the car off the trailer and had to get an anual for it. that went well.

Saturday morning we go out for group 3 practice. My first time driving the track at speed. so i was rather slow. I doubled up and ran STU as well, so the practice for group 5 went better. I was getting more comfortable and learning the track.

I had a decent start for the first qual race for ITS. got stuck behind some slower cars going into turn one but was able to move along and get into some clean air. I was spending more time getting faster when the the second to last lap i braked for the lightbulb and started to get back on the gas and pop. the motor would rev but was sounding like it was missing and had no power. i came in and went straight to the paddock. compression tester confirmed i had no compression on the front rotor.

I enjoyed meeting some new people and had fun until i blew the motor! motor rebuild was already in the works for this winter, i was just hoping to make it through this weekend.

Wes
    Wes
    29 ITS

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    http://www.treadzone.com

last I heard Joe Specht will be there. I'm going to try the Hankooks on the Mazda.
    +11 on Joe. Thanks for pointing him out, will certainly be back to him. Really nice and helpful.
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

MyLaps are posted.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Second race weekend with the #5 ITA Nissan... Justin's first time even going to a track in a year and a half!!!! That said,
    J did great! Especially considering his time away from the track, ntm it was a new car and track for him.

Long story short, he even managed a second place finish in ITA starting from the back due to a fuel pump failure in the last QR! In the STU QR2 he made an awesome pass to the finish line and got the position by .015 seconds!!!!!!!!!!! Our photgrapher and I were on the outside watching and our she got an awesome shot!!!!! We could NOT tell who won! neither could the two drivers!

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    A big shout out to Chris Rallo in the ITA car - we were paddocked together and these guys are the real deal - thashed on their car during the night to fix ball joint problems and got back out to race. When my car wouldn't start he was right there to lend a hand! That's what SCCA is all about!
    Good to finally meet you Ben and put a face to the name! Thanks for checking in when we were having issues and offering help! Thanks for the props! yea... things got a little complicated when we found that our spares didn't fit :/

Great job running that Porsche! It was FUN to watch you come from the back, even though you did it a few too many times

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Noeske View Post
    What everyone above said - a fantastic event, and a total daze of track time galore on an awesome track, with a great crowd, in awesome weather, to end the season.

I drove my car to and from the track -
    Double-dipped SSC and ITS; had some slower ITB and ITA cars to play with. Got pounded once, but could continue driving. 8 sessions - 2 15 min Quals, and 6 races - wow!!!

Fist time racing Lightning - had only done a track day in a street car before - learned a lot over the weekend. Had better tires in front on day 1 and got within 2 sec of the ssc track record, which made my day .

Big Thanks to Mark Gregory for the alignment help, Chris for grid help, and Ben for explaining what happened when there was some paint traded. Was great to see all of you. Hopefully soon next season!

Detailed report on blog soon.

HUGE Thanks to the SNJ SCCA folks and all workers!!!
    thanks for the props dude. It was great to see you at the track!

huge props to you for DRIVING that thing to the track (and leaving the plate on it) AND driving that fast! good job buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by dtanthon View Post
    MyLaps are posted.
    thanks for the hard work Darrel! Never got the chance to come over and say hi... Looked like you sure had some fun out there, one race especially!

Thanks to all for being part of and helping a great event!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Pic of the weekend... And yes it was shot on FILM!

J drafted in textbook fashion entering this straight to make this pass right at the Finish!!!!

It was classic, nobody could tell at the time who got the position, not even the drivers. The timesheet revealed that he got the position by .015 seconds... it was for 4th in class but that;'s not the point! It was intense!!!!

photo credit goes to Samantha Mauro (www.samanthamauro.com) who I've managed to get hooked on the sport recently. She will be back next year...
    Last edited by CRallo; 11-09-2010 at 12:30 PM.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Please keep January 22, 2011 open for the SJR region party and NJRRS awards as well. Last year was a blast and this year will be the same and best of all it is FREE.... It is located at NJMP at the Officer's Club at Thunderbolt.

If anyone is interested NNJR is having an Annual Party on December 4th at Hamilton Park in Florham Park. This is a dress-up type of event with great food and music/dancing. The price is $49 per person or $89 per couple. Please email: [email protected] with any questions or send her a check to: Linda Santangelo-Mosley, PO Box 427, Oak Ridge, NJ 07438
    Make the check payable to: NNJR SCCA

Before you know it we will be back on track......
    Last edited by Robert Zecca; 11-10-2010 at 11:25 AM.
    Proud sponsor of the TEAMDI PROIT SERIES and F2000 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES