Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NARRC Entry Fees

Quote Originally Posted by Tkczecheredflag View Post
    Got a note from Susan Lapham - She asked me to post this.

The confusion is on my part. I specifically stated in the building the entry on the nescca site that pay at the track was not an option. This is where the confusion lies. The supps state that payment is to be mailed in. So if you can post a note on the IT board that the registrar will not penalize anyone who will be paying at the track. It is our fault.
    Thanks,
    Susan
    I knew it read both ways.

How about a half price option for double dip?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I knew it read both ways.

How about a half price option for double dip?
    Stay tuned I guess. I asked but I did not hear back on that issue.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Quote Originally Posted by Tkczecheredflag View Post
    Stay tuned I guess. I asked but I did not hear back on that issue.
    I asked and she responded. I quote,
    If the discount is offered, it will not be anything that good - 1/2 off.
    I told her, PERFECT! I told her my second entry, in SPU, was contingent on that discount. If they don't chjoose to do it, I will only run ITA. Hopefully we will hear something and try and get it out to the masses
    Andy Bettencourt

I better call Susan. I spoke to her several weeks ago and she said I could pay at the track, no credit cards, but preferred it being mailed...:-(
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

The Lapham's have historically always been "pay in advance". Don't know why; seems to me dealing with "pay at the track" is far preferable to "refund after the fact for no-shows"...but what do I know, I've never been a registrar.

I'm guessing if anyone thinks about it they can see the value in half-priced double-dips, but some folks truly don't understand the concepts of marginal revenue and profit, versus "costs" and "price"...

Good luck to all, I'll see y'all Saturday..."plenty of sunshine" according to the forecast...

Yo Greg! We all want to hear about the Runoffs! Gotta post us an "Adventures of running and IT car in STU" story. I was really thinking about the Runoffs until funds began to diminish as result of having to divert racing dollars to wedding anniversary planning...

(OK it is a rainy Monday and I'm not doing much work here-I think I've going to brake my one day posting record)
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

I've got daily reports I sent to a few people via email; I'll have to clean those up and post it on the Kakashi web site.

Cliff's Notes version: excellent event but way too long calendar-wise for the limited track time you get (about an hour-and-a-half for the whole week); shat-tons of awesome machinery and scads of money oozing down the paddock roads; great food, great beer, and great people (both within and without the track); highly amusing to have folks do double-takes of your car in Tech sitting next to cars like the Real Time World Challenge TSX (or when they go to use the no-go gauge to check your brake rotor size only to realize the gauge is a bigger diameter than your wheels); losing oil pressure 6 laps in ain't "priceless", it sucks.

But it's worth it. Everyone should do this track and event at least once before croaking.

GA

Can't wait for the details. Sounds like it was fun. Sorry to hear about the motor.

Estimate on cost for the adventure?
    Andy Bettencourt

Estimate on cost for the adventure?
    Not too much.

- $450 entry fee;
    - $100 paddock fee (required if you reserve a spot; I shared a third of three spots);
    - ~$450 in travel fuel costs (I used an open trailer behind the Excursion, got 15 mpg);
    - ~$350 accommodations (I shared a travel trailer at the track, delivered and picked up from a local RV place);
    - $1M in beer and brats. Mostly beer*;
    - A week of vacation time;
    - Oh, and an engine. Which may cost me a lot more than I think...**

Honda paid $500 to start the race (and fed us lunch each day), and $100 for the paddock fee. So other than the entry fee and accommodations, I came out okay...

Good times.

GA

* Food costs wasn't bad, we did some grocery shopping and made sandwiches and had snacks around. As noted, Honda had lunch for its entrants each day and there were usually parties available each night (the welcome party was a nice combo of sausages/brats/dogs and a choice of Spaten Octoberfest or Busch Light...believe it or not, the Busch kegs kicked first...) So the only food we had to spend serious money on was breakfast (did you see my photo on Facebook of the "Brat Egger"?) and any extracurricular dinners we chose to do.

** Giving thought to installing a K20A2 in the front of the 'Teg for STL/STU. Seems like a better long-term strategy than building up another B18C1...

Sounds like good times.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Cheaper than a trip to the ARRC! Honda money is awesome.
    Andy Bettencourt

Way cool Greg. I looked into a full on STU motor from Lindsey. Over $12K - gulp...ITR seems to be where I'll be sticking for awhile
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Ben, Super Touring is all about World Challenge; if you can afford to be competitive in World Challenge GTS, you have a decent shot at winning an STU national championship. This was dramatically illustrated as Real Time's Acura TSX exploded past me on the straights....quickly followed by an ex-Stasis Audi A4 turbo...

The STL proposal offers a minute ray of hope for under-2.0 liter cars, but this is generally not a cheap game... - GA

Default nice job

Hey Greg, you were there and a lot of racers wish they were, great job...dave

Greg - I've got my ebay search reminder set for World Challenge cars. I figure it'd be WAY cheaper in the long run to buy a race ready WC Touring BMW to run STU than converting my 968.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Ben, Super Touring is all about World Challenge; if you can afford to be competitive in World Challenge GTS, you have a decent shot at winning an STU national championship. This was dramatically illustrated as Real Time's Acura TSX exploded past me on the straights....quickly followed by an ex-Stasis Audi A4 turbo...

The STL proposal offers a minute ray of hope for under-2.0 liter cars, but this is generally not a cheap game... - GA
    In the August Fastrack,references to World Challenge have been crossed out. If I read this correctly all cars will have to comply with ST rules beginning next year. I think that's a good thing for club racers. No?

Another point worth thinking is that, as the rules stand at the moment, several turbocharged cars look attractive even with inlet restrictors.
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1k View Post
    In the August Fastrack,references to World Challenge have been crossed out. If I read this correctly all cars will have to comply with ST rules beginning next year.
    The current STx rules are pretty much a copy of the World Challenge rules (in fact, they had a World Challenge tech inspector at the Runoffs leading the STx scrutineering team), but it is very awkwardly written. The STx advisory committee did (IMO) a nice job on the re-write, keeping the concepts the same while leaning less on WC rules (did you notice the one where headlight use is REQUIRED in the rain?) and making it more along the lines of Club Racing format without having to refer to numerous other rulesets (you can imagine the hassle of dealing with innumerable rules options and VTS sheets.)

In the end, however, make no mistake that the general concepts are the same, and you'll need World Challenge level of prep to win.

Even with the restrictor turbo cars can - and will - win. And I really like the option of choosing your weight by restrictor size.

GA

UPDATE ON TOPIC:

Those who are registered should have received an e-mail this morning with the entry list and a reminder that credit cards are not being accepted for payment at the event.

Also, Susan confirmed that there will NOT be a discount for a second entry. I repeat, will NOT.
    Andy Bettencourt

^^ Andy - "Not" in this case, is a NOT a good word. Sorry to hear that... LRP just got more expensive.

tGA - can you fit a K24 (from a TSX) in your Teg?... I will speak no more.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

...Susan confirmed that there will NOT be a discount for a second entry. I repeat, will NOT.
    Very short-sighted. I dare them to complain about lack of revenue while effectively rejecting free money...

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    tGA - can you fit a K24 (from a TSX) in your Teg?... I will speak no more.
    Sure, it'll pretty much bolt right in! But that puts it in STU instead of STL, at 2640#. It would most certainly be a rocket ship (that's what's in that TSX that won...) - GA