Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NARRC Entry Fees

No credit cards... no bank cars either! Everyone must where their I love the 80's shirts!

On a more serious note I plan on only racing Saturday afternoon. Does anyone have the contact info on who I need to call to ask for permission to run. Normally if you don't qualify you need permission from the chief Stewart. (Dave Periman) I don't want to drive all the way down and be told " You can't run"

Thanks,
    Stephen

PS: wow I am choosing to do 32 laps for 365 bucks plus travel! Yikes! Probably about $20 bucks per lap. Don't tell my wife or her entire family.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Very short-sighted. I dare them to complain about lack of revenue while effectively rejecting free money...
    I feel the same way. Maybe I am part of the problem but I am withdrawing my STU entry because the Region won't offer a discount and try and help itself.

With 246 electronic entries, I guess they feel like they have enough money to cover costs. Make it 245.

I will make sure the NARRC Committee knows this is a potential source of revenue and try and get the Regions to develop pricing structures. Regional Executives will want to know if there is any real incremental revenue. How could there not be you ask? There are some people who will double dip regardless of cost. So you have to find double the amount of people that want to run two groups in order to net one dollar more.

I think there would be.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Big thumbs-up, Andy.

Ditto the thumbs up - sorta hard to believe that the Club don't want more entries and club revenue without taking on any additional costs...
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Not sure what the NARRC comittee could do about a regions pricing??

Not taking credit cards has been an issue, it envolves a thrid party credit card company.
    As many of you know we at NER do not accept credit cards on line because of a huge refund problem but then again we don't require payment in advance.

Why prepay? Probably because if it rains, as it did a few years ago, 30%(or more) of the entries won't show up and the region (NY in this case) can't afford to take the loss.

This is my opinion not necessarly the facts.
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by ner88 View Post
    Why do you have to be argumentative Jerry? Tell everyone who makes up the NARRC committee.

The RE and Comp Chairman/Drivers Rep of each of the participating Regions. The people who have significant infulence into the pricing structure of each NARRC event - all on one e-mail list.

Geez.
    Andy Bettencourt

Wasn't trying to be argumentative??? Give me a break will you....GEEZ
    Jerry
    NER South

Not taking credit cards has been an issue, it envolves a thrid party credit card company.
    As many of you know we at NER do not accept credit cards on line because of a huge refund problem but then again we don't require payment in advance.

Why prepay? Probably because if it rains, as it did a few years ago, 30%(or more) of the entries won't show up and the region (NY in this case) can't afford to take the loss.

This is my opinion not necessarly the facts.
    When dealing with OVER 85k in entry fees I would think they would WANT to use credit cards rather than carrying around all that cash and checks for the weekend. In the retail world we get less than 10% cash and less than .5% in checks. As far as pay at the track or in advance it has no impact on my decision to bail or not so that argument is pointless. Susan is in the banking business (vise president of a bank) so she must know something about why this region does it the way it does. I would think she is doing business in the most cost effective way...

As far as the double dip controversy I think it should be 1/2 entry BUT if the class becomes oversubscribed you don't get to race.. only the full paying customers get to race even if your faster and out-qualify the full paying customer. Seems simple to me and honestly has no impact on the other classes since track time isn't reduced like in other examples of 1/2 entry revenue that regions are trying.

Stephen
    Last edited by StephenB; 09-29-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Jerry,

I just didn't know why you would ask that question. The NARRC Committee is made up of the people who make these dicisions for their respective regions - the ones that make up where we race most of the time. Coming from you, a NARRC committee member and guy who infuences pricing at all NER events, it didn't make sense.

Stephen,

Credit cards represent a loss of revenue for the privledge of their use. This event remember has traditionally been a pre-pay event. It's not this time simply due to a clerical error so they really never planned on hangling the cash/checks at the event. I bet this year they will see 90% checks and 10% cash at the window.

I agree 100% on your philosophy on the double dip. Your PRIMARY entry is 100%, your SECONDARY entry is 50% and available only as space allows.
    Andy Bettencourt

That doesn't follow: there's nothing in the supps that says you don't get a 100% refund if you don't show (unless I missed it?)

Therefore, the only additional revenue the region would get doing it this way would be from those competitors stupid enough to not request refunds after the event. On the other hand, if 30% (or more) competitors do bail on the event, by requiring payment in advance you're creating a shat-ton of work after the event via servicing all the refund requests...

From my perspective, doing it this way just requires a whole lot more effort, both before and after. - GA

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Jerry,

I just didn't know why you would ask that question. The NARRC Committee is made up of the people who make these dicisions for their respective regions - the ones that make up where we race most of the time. Coming from you, a NARRC committee member and guy who infuences pricing at all NER events, it didn't make sense.
    Honestly Andy I think it is you that is being argumentative. The Narrc Committee has no authority over a region’s operations. A new guy might not understand that but I thought you would. NYR has always required prepayment. I agree it is not how I would do it but if you have an issue with NYR’s policies tell NYR.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    Honestly Andy I think it is you that is being argumentative. The Narrc Committee has no authority over a region’s operations. A new guy might not understand that but I thought you would. NYR has always required prepayment. I agree it is not how I would do it but if you have an issue with NYR’s policies tell NYR.
    Dick,

I think you may be combining two issues. I don't care about the requirement of prepayment, credit cards or how a Region collects it's money. The issue at hand is a discount for a second entry, or, 'double dip'.

The reason I said the NARRC Committee is that it is made up of the people who govern these issues for their regions. Am I wrong in saying that? The RE and the Competition Chair from the regions that make up the NARRC series are these people.

As a committee, sure, technically they have no authority. I get that. But submitting this idea to the NARRC committee is CERTAINLY getting it to the people who need to hear the idea in one stroke of the keyboard. AND, working together as a group to develop a program that runs concurrent with multiple regions would benefit the members.

If it's not, correct me so I can get it to the proper people.
    Andy Bettencourt