Thread: Runoffs on or near the Best Coast....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Runoffs on or near the Best Coast....

I'm cross posting this from the Cal-Club's message board:

http://www.calclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3782

Mike Lewis asks:

informal poll. your area director wants to know

how many in cal club would participate if the runoffs were more 'geographically convenient'?
    say on the west coast?
    or barring that, how about utah?

How about the Nor-Pac or even the Rocky-Mountain guys?
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 09-23-2010 at 09:40 PM.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I'd love to hear how it would be structured, because, there are a lot of interrelated factors that make this harder than just geography.

S huge number of west coasters run regional classes that wouldn't be invited to the runoffs. So the event would have to move *and* people would need to switch cars, or the class structure at the Runoffs would have to change to make the numbers work out.

I'd wager that if the Runoffs were at a west coast track, we'd lose a HUGE number of east coasters too.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    I'd love to hear how it would be structured, because, there are a lot of interrelated factors that make this harder than just geography.

S huge number of west coasters run regional classes that wouldn't be invited to the runoffs. So the event would have to move *and* people would need to switch cars, or the class structure at the Runoffs would have to change to make the numbers work out.

I'd wager that if the Runoffs were at a west coast track, we'd lose a HUGE number of east coasters too.
    One option being discussed is Miller, have visited there but no driven the course, I'd say that'd probably be the best with a full Run-offs group. Otherwise, there's always the option of splitting the production and formula classes and having two RO groups. Actuall IKF ( International Karting Federation ) has seperate championships for sprint Karts, Dirt Karts, and Road-Race Karts, but all three have a Duffys.

As for us we could slap on some 16" rims and slicks and run E-Prod or stick with our IT set-up and run STU and probably be in the top half.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    As for us we could slap on some 16" rims and slicks and run E-Prod or stick with our IT set-up and run STU and probably be in the top half.
    Sorry to change the subject, but who makes 16" slicks that fit?
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Funny you should ask that... Just ask a friend of mine who races a FC that very same question. His replay is why would we have to stick with radial slicks? After a quick visit to the prod board looks like Sam Moore is using the Purple Crack's radial tires.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

After a little more digging I came up with Hankook F200 radial slicks in 210/620-16 but they'll only go down to 7.5" wide rims. No one seems to have them in stock though. Might be a new suggestion, the Rx-8, S-2000, and Mx-5 are already classed with 18x8 rims, why can't the Z3 get 17x8's? There's more options in the 17" rim diameter.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

we could get into so many arguments why the west coast is not the best coast but I will not get into that.... lol

I don't generally go either way (I have gone to crew) but how many people are lost when it moves from place to place? I think that the reagion whom has the most entries throughout the season gets to host the event the following year.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com