Hi guys,

There are 2 other guys I'm friends with at school who race. One races asphalt ovals, and the other does drag racing. In both cases, at least the winners get a check, and the winnings decrease further down the pack. Both guys pay less for their entry fee than I do ($50 for the drag racer, $100 for the oval guy), The oval racer can make about $1,500. The drag racer made almost $30,000 last year just in winnings. Why dont we do this?

Pros:

1.More cars-obviously people might travel further if they think they can win some money. People may come out of their hiatus if they can make some money back from the weekend, and not loose $400 every race.

2.Better racing- Those traveling to the track for money will be the faster cars/drivers hoping to make some cash

3.More fans=more $$$- With the accumulation of the faster cars, there will be better racing which will attract fans

4. Regions make more $$$- With the drivers traveling more the drivers will not only stick to racing in their region, but maybe 2 or 3 regions. This will allow for better competition, more cars, and more money for the regions because of the surplus of racers.

5. Better regional championships- Instead of a regional championships for 3 or 4 sections of the North East, there could be one. Each driver could race in 2 or 3 regions fairly easily, and make the North East regional championship more competitive points wise by including races from VIR to New Hampshire.

The region could spread the entry fees fairly easily. Raise the entry maybe $20. Take half the entry fee from each class, and use that to pay-out the drivers. 1st place gets 50%, and then as each position decreases, the payout decreases 5% until 10th, with the region keeping the rest.

I'm sure this has been beat to death, but I had an offer to drive an asphalt oval car, and I can win money if I even place 16th. I really love road racing, but it is frustrating when pretty much every other form of racing is getting some reimbursement for their efforts, and I loose a lot of money every weekend, especially when I work my ass off every week at $8.00 an hour just to race my car.

Sorry for the length,
Steven