Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NARRC Runoffs is 32 laps!!!!!

First off, it was AWESOME to be back! This was my first race weekend with our "new" ITA 240sx...

As some of you know, the weekend was a bit up and down, but I am overall pretty pleased... The rain on Friday made things pretty interesting, especially given what happened last time I drove a Nissan in the rain! That said, it turned out well and I qualified 7th(but .4 secs out of 4th) my first time ever qualifying the car and the first time driving the car in the rain.

Didn't really make the STU race due to a rookie mistake on my part, but learned my lesson for sure!

As far as the ITA race went, I did well on the start and held my position against stiff competition... until the car dropped a cylinder! :/ I had just tagged the rev limiter stretching a gear between corners so I was freaking out "OMG, what did I do?!" Oil pressure was good, temp was good, there was no smoke coming out the back... no bad noises... I had gotten one of my friends a weekend membership for just such an occasion, so I took a trip down pit lane and she hopped over the wall to check things out. She popped the hood and checked the plug wires and injector plugs. The quick search revealed an injector plug loose which she quickly reattached, then slammed to hood and jumped out of the way!

I was now down a lap so from there on out it was just a battle for track position and againt the clock. I drove smooth and concentrated on being consistant, while very slowly building some speed. I worked down through the 1:06's and most of the 5's to a slow comfortable 1:05.3 on the last lap, which I am pretty content with

Andy, Jeff, Shane and company looked great coming around! You guys must have had a hell of a race!

I was saddened to see Rick fall victim to a broken hub!

Over the course of the weekend I got to put some names to faces and vis-a-verse. Mickey, Dan, Denise and more included, it was good to meet you all!

The workers were awesome as usual, although I would have rather met a couple of them differently... lol

I had a few friends come out to see the races and help out, two of which are photgraphers and they got some great shots! I'll post a few of the good ones...

Overall I am happy with the solid finish and excited to have gotten a few friends interested in the sport!

Thanks to everyone that helped me get to the track and while I was there!
    Last edited by CRallo; 10-09-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: can't spell :/
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    First off, it was AWESOME to be back! This was my first race weekend with our "new" ITA 240sx...

As some of you know, the weekend was a bit up and down, but I am overall pretty pleased... The rain on Friday made things pretty interesting, especially given what happened last time I drove a Nissan in the rain! That said, it turned out well and I qualified 7th(but .4 secs out of 4th) my first time ever qualifying the car and the first time driving the car in the rain.

Didn't really make the STU race due to a rookie mistake on my part, but learned my lesson for sure!

I did well on the start and held my position against stiff competition... until the car dropped a cylinder! :/ I had just tagged the rev limiter stretching a gear between corners so I was freaking out "OMG, what did I do?!" Oil pressure was good, temp was good, there was no smoke coming out the back... no bad noises... I had gotten one of my friends a weekend membership for just such an occasion, so I took a trip down pit lane and she hopped over the wall to check things out. She popped the hood and checked the plug wires and injector plugs. The quick search revealed an injector plug loose which she quickly reattached, then slammed to hood and jumped out of the way!

I was now down a lap so from there on out it was just a battle for track position and againt the clock. I drove smooth and concentrated on being consistant, while very slowly building some speed. I worked down through the 1:06's and most of the 5's to a slow comfortable 1:05.3 on the last lap, which I am pretty content with

Andy, Jeff, Shane and company looked great coming around! You guys must have had a hell of a race!

I was saddened to see Rick fall victim to a broken hub!

Over the course of the weekend I got to put some names to faces and vis-a-verse. Mickey, Dan, Denise and more included, it was good to meet you all!

The workers were awesome as usual, although I would have rather met a couple of them differently... lol

I had a few friends come out to see the races and help out, two of which are photgraphers and they got some great shots! I'll post a few of the good ones...

Overall I am happy with the solid finish and excited to have gotten a few friends interested in the sport!

Thanks to everyone that helped me get to the track and while I was there!
    Chris...We towed you in during STU with the flatbed and pulled Rick off the tirewall at 11, as well. Sorry that both of you had problems!Tech was filling up with the crashes all day.

Tim, just saw the final NARRC points. Can't believe you actually made me feel a little bit guilty there. <_< lol
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Anyone know why there were two DQ's in group four?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

dave - i was in 3rd befor the race and after my steller performance in BB i went to 6th oh well rookie mistake number 1 gonna hit it hard next year. :026:

Who's the #22 (or is it #24) white IT7 (too lazy to look it up) that was putting his nose into the back of the SS Honda? I have some GREAT pictures of it!!

Unfortunatley I had to do the same thing............
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Anyone know why there were two DQ's in group four?
    Where are you seeing this?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG View Post
    Chris...We towed you in during STU with the flatbed and pulled Rick off the tirewall at 11, as well. Sorry that both of you had problems!Tech was filling up with the crashes all day.
    My issue was self induced, don't be sorry! lol You were on the wrecker? Damn, I guess I missed the chance to put a face to the name :/ but thanks for the help!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Who's the #22 (or is it #24) white IT7 (too lazy to look it up) that was putting his nose into the back of the SS Honda? I have some GREAT pictures of it!!

The white RX 7 #22 is Madison. He is returning to racing after a long lay off. Used to run a Black ITA RX7 back in the day. Good driver but seemed to have a very loose racecar - He just purchased not long ago and is still sorting it out - I have video in Big Bend gettin "big" loose sideways in the early laps and re-entering after T-2 following another off as well.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Didn't get video from my race, as usual in my life, but I did get some awesome pictures taken by a friend who is a photgrapher.

These are from the first day which was very wet, but the sun came out at the end of the day just in time for an awesome sunset!

pictures courtesy of Samantha Mauro who can be found at www.samanthamauro.com

Last edited by CRallo; 10-12-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: still can't type :/
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Quote Originally Posted by Tkczecheredflag View Post
    The white RX 7 #22 is Madison. He is returning to racing after a long lay off. Used to run a Black ITA RX7 back in the day. Good driver but seemed to have a very loose racecar - He just purchased not long ago and is still sorting it out - I have video in Big Bend gettin "big" loose sideways in the early laps and re-entering after T-2 following another off as well.
    Jeff, Tim is right, I was driving the #22 white RX7. I had to start from the back after choosing not qualify in the rain Friday. Got off to a good start making my way through traffic, until Lap 2, when I got tapped in the right rear exiting Big Bend and sent spinning off drivers right. Lost a couple laps stuck off course until the corners workers gave me a push (Big Thanks to the corner workers!!) Got back underway and the car handled well. With the leaders bearing down on me, I made a downshifting/braking mistakes entering Big Bend, which caused the "big" loose sideways that Tim was referring to. I did have to loosen up the blue SSC Honda to get by. If you could e-mail the pictures, I would appreciate it. Looking forward to next season.