Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NARRC Runoffs is 32 laps!!!!!

Default NARRC Runoffs is 32 laps!!!!!

Who thought this was a good idea? Im fat and old,I might die after 25 laps due to lack of stamina. The only saving grace is Jake isnt running. He is in shape you know. He like exercises and stuff.

Gonna make the first trip to LRP since 2003,should be exactly the same right?

Isn't 32 laps on that track something like 10 minutes?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Hey no worries. Play your cards right, you'll get lapped enough times and only have to make 25 laps......

(Just being a wiseass!...as usual... )
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Good Point!!!
    Denise VanBuren

oh boy...
    Drew

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    . The only saving grace is Jake isnt running. He is in shape you know. He like exercises and stuff.

Yeah, but it's always a 50/50 chance that Jake's CAR will make it to grid or not let alone 32 laps!!

Last years race was fairly long too although I don't remember how many laps.

On Edit: Yes, last year was 32 laps (for Andy and Shane) under some very difficult conditions. They finished in 36:47. Trust me, it felt a LOT longer than that!!!
    Last edited by JLawton; 09-15-2010 at 07:25 AM.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Who thought this was a good idea? Im fat and old,I might die after 25 laps due to lack of stamina. The only saving grace is Jake isnt running. He is in shape you know. He like exercises and stuff.

Gonna make the first trip to LRP since 2003,should be exactly the same right?
    LRP is not the same as in 2003. All new pavement in 2007(no more concrete wear strips in 2 and 3(or anywhere else). Also....different visual cues after noname and the uphill due to the 2 new optional chicanes.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG View Post
    LRP is not the same as in 2003. All new pavement in 2007(no more concrete wear strips in 2 and 3(or anywhere else). Also....different visual cues after noname and the uphill due to the 2 new optional chicanes.
    Agrees with the above and I will add that with that new pavement its significantly FASTER! but in the end its still the same limerock we all love

Stephen

Did anyone read the NEDiv blurb in Sportscar? They talked about running the chicanes for the Narrc offs.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Have the chicanes been approved by SCCA?
    Just wondering?
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    Did anyone read the NEDiv blurb in Sportscar? They talked about running the chicanes for the Narrc offs.
    I think Henderson was writing off-the-cuff in reference to future years, not 2010. The supps for the 2010 event specify the "classic" course.

Personally, I think it's a good idea. If you want to attract a heads-up championship race for all comers, it should be on a course where the home boys don't necessarily have an advantage. SCCA/Road Atlanta tried this idea back in the 90's with a laughable chicane on the back straight; while the sentiment was good, the implementation wasn't. LRP's new course configuration - like it or not - would be an improvement in that regard.

Jerry, I'd suggest you would have more insight to that approval than anyone else...

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post

R
    I really really want to go but if this is true I most likely will not make any effort to attend. Thanks foe the heads up!

Stephen

Newer update from gregg! Thanks Gregg that is awesome new for this year! Now it's a waiting game for me... My wifeis expecting and our due date is the 5th so I am not planning on going... but a nice trip to CT. would be fun
    Last edited by StephenB; 09-15-2010 at 12:03 PM.

It's just a commentary article.

There will always be a home track advantage, just the way the game is played. If that were to happen, I'd go to one of the track days that use the pro course. Now granted it would be less of an advantage since a higher number of people wouldn't have experience or at least nearly as much on the pro course.

I have mixed feelings about it. In one sense it would be different, but I wonder how many additional incidents there would be in particular with the uphill turn. On the other hand, maybe I'd finally be able to take the downhill flat. lol
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dan-for a small fee I will take over the driving duties for you!

Mike...............IT7 something something.............

I heard there was going to be and epic throwdown between Porsche and Honda in ITR (since all the other cars are bimmers!)

I'M LOOKING FOR A BOWL OF RICE - COMIN' FOR IT!!! :-)

Where's the trash talk on who's going to win? One ITA guy was telling me he was going to whipper up on all those ITS guys!

Which S guy will keep the Autotechnic guys honest?

Isn't Hendo ready to put a fender into Driscoll for all those wins he could'a had???

Mark Greggory will even make an appearance and always seems to find the podium at the NARRCoffs :-)

Where's the Flatout ITS effort - did they run away scairt?

Will Greg Amy silence the doubters and turn up and battle local? That guy can only beat me in the tech shed now :-)

Stir up the $h*t!
    Last edited by benspeed; 09-15-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Default Good luck to everyone.......

I wish everyone the best of luck at the NARRC.....enjoy......and watch out for Ben......
    Proud sponsor of the TEAMDI PROIT SERIES and F2000 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    I heard there was going to be and epic throwdown between Porsche and Honda in ITR (since all the other cars are bimmers!)

I'M LOOKING FOR A BOWL OF RICE - COMIN' FOR IT!!! :-)
    Hope you're slathering duct tape around those big goofy headlights of yours lest I suck 'em out.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG View Post
    I "think" Dan was kidding..........
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

13 entries for ITA already!!!! and a "little birdy" told me there will be atleast one more...

And Rick is signed up with both his cars... a mistake? misdirection? is he realy gonna do it?

Shane, Jeff, Andy and more!!! its gonna be a RACE!!!!

Is Tim K gonna make a showing?!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by stephf View Post
    hey no worries. Play your cards right, you'll get lapped enough times and only have to make 25 laps......

(just being a wiseass!...as usual... :d)
    rotflmao!!