Thread: NARRC Runoffs is 32 laps!!!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First off, it was AWESOME to be back! This was my first race weekend with our "new" ITA 240sx...

As some of you know, the weekend was a bit up and down, but I am overall pretty pleased... The rain on Friday made things pretty interesting, especially given what happened last time I drove a Nissan in the rain! That said, it turned out well and I qualified 7th(but .4 secs out of 4th) my first time ever qualifying the car and the first time driving the car in the rain.

Didn't really make the STU race due to a rookie mistake on my part, but learned my lesson for sure!

As far as the ITA race went, I did well on the start and held my position against stiff competition... until the car dropped a cylinder! :/ I had just tagged the rev limiter stretching a gear between corners so I was freaking out "OMG, what did I do?!" Oil pressure was good, temp was good, there was no smoke coming out the back... no bad noises... I had gotten one of my friends a weekend membership for just such an occasion, so I took a trip down pit lane and she hopped over the wall to check things out. She popped the hood and checked the plug wires and injector plugs. The quick search revealed an injector plug loose which she quickly reattached, then slammed to hood and jumped out of the way!

I was now down a lap so from there on out it was just a battle for track position and againt the clock. I drove smooth and concentrated on being consistant, while very slowly building some speed. I worked down through the 1:06's and most of the 5's to a slow comfortable 1:05.3 on the last lap, which I am pretty content with

Andy, Jeff, Shane and company looked great coming around! You guys must have had a hell of a race!

I was saddened to see Rick fall victim to a broken hub!

Over the course of the weekend I got to put some names to faces and vis-a-verse. Mickey, Dan, Denise and more included, it was good to meet you all!

The workers were awesome as usual, although I would have rather met a couple of them differently... lol

I had a few friends come out to see the races and help out, two of which are photgraphers and they got some great shots! I'll post a few of the good ones...

Overall I am happy with the solid finish and excited to have gotten a few friends interested in the sport!

Thanks to everyone that helped me get to the track and while I was there!
    Last edited by CRallo; 10-09-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: can't spell :/
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"