First I want to wish my condolences to all that knew Brian.

But, he's not the father of IT although he may have been an early adoptor of the class on the East coast. Please see below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,

In ’79 I proposed the class to SDR’s Board as a regional only class. After making me a board member, then listing to my dribble on the strengths of the class, they bought “IT”.

The first race was at SDR’s “Holtville Winter Series” of 1980-81. I’ve have to go back to my old records to make sure. Vern’s part in it was he was on the board and helped me walk it thru the process of getting accepted. For a year or two we were the only region to have the class. SFRegion took it next. Cal Club’s powers at the time did not like the class. IT reminded them too much of Production Class. Cal Club’s Jerry Barker did not like the class. I’ll never forget him holding my, get this, two page it rule book, and the multi page Prod. rule book. He was forcefully telling me that “in a few years this little class will require a rule book as big as this". Yeah, Jerry you were correct. Finally they accepted the class about 1983 or ‘84. I think the best part was being a supporting race to IMSA 6 hour enduro weekend in 1986. We had 78 cars for a ½ hour race to IMSA's 68 cars for their 6hr race.

Steve Coe

“Mr. IT” as some call me.

------------------------------------------------------------------