Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lime Rock events

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1k View Post
    Totally agree. OT but along the same lines, I find it surprising how few people contribute to the workers fund.
    There was a guy at our April drivers school who the chief instructor had to go find in the paddock because he did not bother to attend the classroom session after coming off the track and the topic was kind of important, how the upcoming practice starts were going to work.

The student said that for the money he paid he was not getting the service he felt he deserved.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    You're right, it's way more complicated. I will absolutely say that in my family, how much the entrance fee is matters. Not saying that is necessarily should in some instances, but it does. I don't know how much I paid in fuel to get to Summit Point last weekend, nor do I want to know. (I just imagine Jake going to Mapquest the moment he reads this then doing his little calculation. Grrrrr.)
    Since you requested....you spent about $200 getting your stuff to and from Summit, not including the gas M spent touring the area and DC. (The price of happiness)
    So, that means each additional race cost $100. Or if Jerry figures out a way (he will ) to make LRP Regionals 2 race weekends, it's $200 more for the additional race. Still not bad, ignoring the time spent towing, etc. But it's still way more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by THawkbh View Post
    Some people are just cheap and greedy.
    Really? I assumed most of us donated to the fund. I always, always (once in awhile I forget, but it's an accident) add $20 to my entry. And I feel guilty that it isn't more.

If one races six races in a season, that extra hundered dollars here and there per event adds up. All a matter of perspective.
    Yea, but, each race, as jeff points out costs $1000 or so when you include all racing related expenses. (you might be more, Dave, with your incredible appetite for hubs and engines. (temp gauge working? ). Your six race season runs about $7 or $8K I bet. So, yea, an extra $400 (you don't race LRP exclusively) is still $400, but a small percentage of $6-8K.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG View Post
    I read recently that the cost of living adjustment(COLA) is based on an index of young singles living in urban areas(not exactly the demographic for most of us. So many of the things we use and consume as racers aren't even on the Federal charts. When the government tells me that there will be no COLA for Social Security receipiants for 3 years because costs have not increased, I have to laugh. Any of you spending less for food and housing and health care, lately?....LOL. The only area of any luck is that gas has stayed down because the economy is so poor!
    So, are you telling the Social Security people that racing expenses have gone up, and they should reclaculate?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jake - If I had that $400, I'd be going to the Glen next weekend versus staying home. So yeah, it matters.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Thank you - I really appreciate both the comment and referral.
    Your welcome. I always point people towards it when they say they want to go racing.

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Really? I assumed most of us donated to the fund. I always, always (once in awhile I forget, but it's an accident) add $20 to my entry. And I feel guilty that it isn't more.
    I figured that was the norm for those that actually do donate.
    Last edited by THawkbh; 09-13-2010 at 03:32 PM.