Thread: WGI Fun One....who's in?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[QUOTE=THawkbh;312052You're right. I can't even describe how much of a difference it made. With your dark colored car at that time of night, you would have scared the sh- out of me going past as fast as you did. I saw you an entire straight away behind me. I think you caught me in the bus stop and I let you by at the exit. It was a good warning for more cars to come.
    By the way, how much did you win by? Must have been a huge margin.[/QUOTE]

My main concern this weekend was tire testing, don't get me wrong if there was a dog to fight....any way I finally got the data I needed in the race Sunday. It was fun meeting a lot of new people and seeing the people I have known for awhile. I hope I'm able to make the 4 hour in Oct. I won't be driving my car, but I believe it will be a BMW.

2. Trophies generally are.. well, rather pathetic.
    After my last Glen event, I was giving this some thought. During the event I received some "items that were useful." People had great intentions with the ideas, and it might because I haven't won or placed in enough races yet? It was explained that the cost of trophies has increased quite a bit during the past few years. Okay, that's fine. I'd be fine with a print-out of my place, my name, and a $5 frame. Heck, don't even give the $5 frame. lol 30 days later, things we could use (I spend a stupid amount of money on this racing addiction versus a $10 bottle of car wash), eh. Stick with emotional rewards. Then again I still have my 2005 pimp chalice and crappy bottle of champaign in the garage entry way. I love that!!!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing