Thread: WGI Fun One....who's in?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    I'm out: No car. parts just arrived from japan though there is light att the end of the tunnel
    ...could be a train.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

WHAT, parts from Japan!!!!! Wanna Race

Dan-o
    77IT7

....as luck would have it I am out for this weekend. My truck finally died ..but the new "old" one is on the way.

Have fun all !
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

As of this writing, there are something like 70 cars in Group 7 (IT R/S/A, STU, IT7), and not nearly as many cars in the other IT groups. Say, how about if the stewards move things around so that we don't put each other in all those walls, esp. on Sunday when we run the short course and when it is expected to rain?

Now, I'll bang doors with the most psycho of drivers out there. But it would be nice to see the organizers show a little sense by reducing the congestion of a group featuring the very fastest IT cars, and making the risk more equitable for all.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    As of this writing, there are something like 70 cars in Group 7 (IT R/S/A, STU, IT7), and not nearly as many cars in the other IT groups. Say, how about if the stewards move things around so that we don't put each other in all those walls, esp. on Sunday when we run the short course and when it is expected to rain?

Now, I'll bang doors with the most psycho of drivers out there. But it would be nice to see the organizers show a little sense by reducing the congestion of a group featuring the very fastest IT cars, and making the risk more equitable for all.
    Chris, they may do a split start, besides that there's nothing much they can do besides changing or moving around different run groups. I think that would be alot of work.

Several years ago, I got to run the short course race in a group of about 80 cars. It was completely ridiculous.

The main problem was that the group sort of overwhelmed the corner workers and there were many passes under yellow not disciplined.

There was a big mix in speeds.

The fascinating thing was notwithstanding all the lapping going on, the clusters with whom you were racing stayed in tact after the passing.

I'm there! Bringing the little Mazda that could to represent Japanese HP in ITB since Dave isn't making it! Can't wait! See you all there!

Congratulations To Dan on his win!!!! We had a great weekend after having not completed a raced since last October. We ran ever minute available incuding the test day.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.