Thread: tranny ?

Default tranny ?

ok so im swapping in a rebuilt transmission into my 91. uptill now i have only dealt with s5 trannys this is an s4 and i didnt know the mounts were different until 5min before it went in. any help with a part number or such? this is something that i can order from mazdaspeed monday morning correct?

thanks for the help!

Wes

go ahead and get the mounts you need. i keep all my share trans ready to install. have changed many trans at the track. the trans is the leakest link ! ralph

Cross members are different between S4/S5 but the rubber mounts are interchangeable. You can order online today from Mazdaspeed if you have logins. Here's the mount diagram: https://www.mazdamotorsports.com/wcs...02241_1000.gif
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

damn racingralph someone started early!

Mark, thanks for the info thats pretty much what i needed to know. really just wanted to make sure i wasnt a total idiot!

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by racingralph View Post
    go ahead and get the mounts you need. i keep all my share trans ready to install. have changed many trans at the track. the trans is the leakest link ! ralph
    And the spare tranny you have with you is always has the different mount!!
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Default trans

we get longer life from the 89-91 trans (ribbed case) , and the spares are 86-88 trans (smooth case). if i don't have the crossmember i get one . at the track you need to do the replacement as quick as possible. ralph