Thread: Procedure to request Tranny allowance

Default Procedure to request Tranny allowance

Seems the supply of NOn Turbo 2nd Gen transmissions is drying up. So what is prodecure to request a substitute (for ITS) no not a jerico say allow use of the turbo II transmision?? Thanks T Weaver
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Tom, the procedure is to request it via the CRB submission form at scca.com.

But, let me warn you: it is HIGHLY unlikely you will be given alternate parts. It's just not the way that Improved Touring works. I'm also hearing, for example, you can't get windshields; in that light don't expect to be allowed, for example, Lexan. There are MANY cars out there with unavailable parts, NONE if which are allowed any parts that deviate from the spec of the original car. If we start allowing alternate parts, then things will get really crazy, really quickly.

Lack of manufacturer-spec parts is just one of the many ways that old IT cars eventually get put out to pasture...

But the final answer comes from the CRB and BoD, so I encourage you to make the request, with supporting documentation as evidence of lack of supply.

GA

And no offense Tom, but often times claims of NLA are vastly overstated. Can you go find a trany easily? Maybe not, but in my case, eBay is your junk yard. I can find trannies for my car -- much rarer than yours -- all day. Get them rebuilt rather than "new" ones.

THere are ways to keep older IT cars running. It just takes more work.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

Lack of manufacturer-spec parts is just one of the many ways that old IT cars eventually get put out to pasture...

GA

The Mazda RX-3's were a good example of this. They were still competitive speed wise, but certain parts became all but impossible to get and as IT cars they have faded away. Otherwise an RX-3 might have been my first IT car. I looked at one, but the owner admitted it was very hard to get certain parts for it. Just the way these things go. Nobody makes drums for our z's anymore. I'm grateful we've accumulated about 20 in our garage. They are gonna get scarce.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Quote Originally Posted by tdw6974 View Post
    Seems the supply of NOn Turbo 2nd Gen transmissions is drying up.
    They are a dime a dozen in TX and you have to be careful not to trip over them. Usually pay around $75-$150. I just gave a working one away free 2 months ago.

Here's 6 on CL in Dallas alone...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1893837211.html (same ad posted 1 month earlier and couldn't even sell 1)
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/1905895853.html
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/1905575745.html

Also check out rx7club.com classifieds and here http://www.apexautoparts.net/
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Figured as much...

Part of racing older IT cars is the great parts hunt!

They are out there; just search.

Quote Originally Posted by mbuskuhl View Post
    They are a dime a dozen in TX and you have to be careful not to trip over them. Usually pay around $75-$150. I just gave a working one away free 2 months ago.

Here's 6 on CL in Dallas alone...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1893837211.html (same ad posted 1 month earlier and couldn't even sell 1)
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/1905895853.html
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/1905575745.html

Also check out rx7club.com classifieds and here http://www.apexautoparts.net/
    Thanks only thing is I'm in Northeast PA and they are----------------------------------in Texas Bought many"top Notch" parts and find out otherwise. Perhaps I should head west and corner the Market and bring em east Actually will call and see if in can/will ship. T
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Tom, the procedure is to request it via the CRB submission form at scca.com.

But, let me warn you: it is HIGHLY unlikely you will be given alternate parts. It's just not the way that Improved Touring works. I'm also hearing, for example, you can't get windshields; in that light don't expect to be allowed, for example, Lexan. There are MANY cars out there with unavailable parts, NONE if which are allowed any parts that deviate from the spec of the original car. If we start allowing alternate parts, then things will get really crazy, really quickly.

But the final answer comes from the CRB and BoD, so I encourage you to make the request, with supporting documentation as evidence of lack of supply.

GA
    Windshields aren't a problem call your own Insurance agent ask what glass company they use installed prices run from 266 to 315.00 AND don't get the idea you can install yourself cause when you break one there goed the savings TW

Default Windshields aren't a problem call your own Insurance agent ask what glass company the

Windshields aren't a problem call your own Insurance agent ask what glass company they use installed prices run from 266 to 315.00 ...............until you tell them it's a Scirrocco!
    phil hunt

Phil, Try windsheilds.com TW

I highly suggest you tell your driver to be a little more gentle on the transmissions sorry had to say it.
    W J Weaver