Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Golf IV in B and Beetle in C?

30 lbs of fuel... must have been my start-of-race mentality kicking in automatically.

As for the "classification error", no comment.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    I was working on the assumption that they would not carry the classification error over to the Beetle. 2350 spec weight works out to something like 22% hp gain. BTW - no need to finish with 30# of fuel...
    And that's the dilemma Chris. When you don't fix an error on one car's classification, what do you do when essentially the same car comes along, only in a different box?

Brighton, Mi. 50 west of Detroit, 20 miles north of Ann Arbor.

Hey Guys,

I am the new owner of the Beetle that Chris built! I ran it at Mid Ohio this past weekend, the first time it has ever turned a wheel in competition. With me in the car (193 with gear on) and a full tank of fuel, we estimate we are 130lbs under weight to make tech at the end of the race. There are a few minor changes in store for the car that will add weight, but we will still be adding ballast to make weight. The car is not nearly fully developed, as it sports a stock driveline, no diff, and I think the spring rates are off. All of that said, I had a blast this past weekend and finished every lap (which is a feat for us this year.. geez!) I plan on bringing the car to the ARRC as long as the funds hold up. We will see. I need to pick the brains of the VW guys here for help on setting up the chassis. I am now coming full circle, as I started racing 20 years ago in Vee's, and still have my AS Mustang, but I am having a blast with the ITC guys here in Cendiv.

On a side note, I heard a rumor of an ITC Feature event possibly coming together next year at Nelson Ledges... Possibly being called "The C Cup." Lets see what happens.

Thanks for listening to the newbie ramble... See you guys out there.

Kristian Smith

Quote Originally Posted by BullFish View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am the new owner of the Beetle that Chris built! I ran it at Mid Ohio this past weekend, the first time it has ever turned a wheel in competition. With me in the car (193 with gear on) and a full tank of fuel, we estimate we are 130lbs under weight to make tech at the end of the race. There are a few minor changes in store for the car that will add weight, but we will still be adding ballast to make weight. The car is not nearly fully developed, as it sports a stock driveline, no diff, and I think the spring rates are off. All of that said, I had a blast this past weekend and finished every lap (which is a feat for us this year.. geez!) I plan on bringing the car to the ARRC as long as the funds hold up. We will see. I need to pick the brains of the VW guys here for help on setting up the chassis. I am now coming full circle, as I started racing 20 years ago in Vee's, and still have my AS Mustang, but I am having a blast with the ITC guys here in Cendiv.

On a side note, I heard a rumor of an ITC Feature event possibly coming together next year at Nelson Ledges... Possibly being called "The C Cup." Lets see what happens.

Thanks for listening to the newbie ramble... See you guys out there.

Kristian Smith

I hope you make it to the ARRC! I want to check out that car! Glad your having fun!