Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NJMP Thunderbolt

Default NJMP Thunderbolt

Remember Marc Cefalo's nice drive at the Pro IT at Thunderbolt last weekend, resulting in a new Miata...errr...ITA lap record of 1:35.458?

Wave buh-bye.

Jeff Lawton just called me; Brian Price (ITA Miata) qualified at a 1:33.8. Ed York (ITA Miata) qualified at a 1.34."something", and Lawton is third with a 1:36.1xx.

And I can't say I'm surprised at all.

God, we've gotta get Rowdy (Brian) down to the ARRC.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

They have to do it in the race to count though. Anything could happen then. Lower times?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

The track is only a couple years old Greg, geez. SM's are running in the 1:36's.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Remember Marc Cefalo's nice drive at the Pro IT at Thunderbolt last weekend, resulting in a new Miata...errr...ITA lap record of 1:35.458?

Wave buh-bye.

Jeff Lawton just called me; Brian Price (ITA Miata) qualified at a 1:33.8. Ed York (ITA Miata) qualified at a 1.34."something", and Lawton is third with a 1:36.1xx.
    So... just what are you trying to say???? Oh, wait, I know - Brian is just too damned fast for ITA, right????
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    did you even watch the video? i don't know what lap was the fastest, but anyone could recognize that the setup/driving style was NOT the fastest way around.

try singing a new song for once greg. that or STFU and actually build/drive another car you say you can kick everyone's butt with.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    So... just what are you trying to say???? Oh, wait, I know - Brian is just too damned fast for ITA, right????
    We need him out. LOL. ITS Miata?
    Andy Bettencourt

Wow, you guys are being a "little" sensitive, eh? It seems Greg was only reporting facts to me.......... You guys are worse than my ex-wife..........

Race:
    Brian - 1:34.4
    Ed York - 1:35.75
    Me - 1:35.60
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

In all fairness Jeff, "in a new Miata...errr...ITA lap record" might cause some to think more than the facts are being reported.

Would also be interesting to see one of the fast CRXs at that track. Have either of the Moslers been there? Seems like a good track for that or a Miata. I know, I know. Every track is a good Miata track.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Jeff, Greg only reports Miata records for some reason. Never when Dave sets one in the Prelude etc. It's all part of the show and we all get it. It's ok, really!

That track REALLY looks like a handling track. I know it has a huge straight but sheesh, those decreasing radius turns...over 200 degrees in some spots per the data. Congrats for finding some time and running a faster lap than York, he can wheel it. I wouldn't want to be running the tires off a FWD car there, looks like they would take a beating.

Go get 'em!
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Wow, you guys are being a "little" sensitive, eh? It seems Greg was only reporting facts to me.......... You guys are worse than my ex-wife..........

Race:
    Brian - 1:34.4
    Ed York - 1:35.75
    Me - 1:35.60
    So did you get to try anything new this weekend??
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Jeff, Greg only reports Miata records for some reason.

I love it when you sensitive little petunias get your Miata pink panties all in a wad...'specially you, Travis; I know you hang on my every word and opinion...as for building "another" car that I can kick everyone's ass with...how about you do, well, "one"? You might try a Miata, I hear they're pretty competitive in ITA...just sayin...

You guys are fun to get all riled up, but you might try making it difficult once in a while...

So who's is bigger....and the end of the season is almost here.....dave

since you're so great and wonderful greg, why don't you remind us how much power that SR20DE made, and how much more weight that car SHOULD'VE been carrying.

careful at the runoffs. there's a few miatas registered and i'd hate to see you plow into one again.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Don't worry, Travis. That's what I'm gonna be there for.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Don't worry, Travis. That's what I'm gonna be there for.
    LOL! Oh, yeah, Wisonsin's gonna be fun all right!

The cool thing, though, Trav, is that I proudly admit that I was intelligent/smart enough to think strategically years in advance to develop a great car for the class, and then tactically take advantage of that planning to win a championship. I'm - understandably - quite proud of that accomplishment.

You, on the other hand? Except for that "stumbling into the right car" part (you keep telling us it wasn't a prescient decision, and that the 1.8L Miata is classified perfectly for the class), and never challenging yourself beyond your own "small pond" backyard, yet doin' that Internet smack talk like you've actually accomplished anything in Club racing and have some resemblance of reasonable, relevant experience to bear on any subject motorsports-related, how's that "championship thing" workin' out for you vis-a-vis your 'do it again or STFU' comment...?

Hey - again - just askin'...

I'll allow for the possibility that I'm way off base and you own a Koenigsegg or a Porsche GT-2, and can really, really, really drive "flat out". If that's the case, seriously, mea culpa, bro...

tGA

P.S. BTW, according to a voice message from Jeff, it rained most of the day at Thunderbolt, and the track was partially dry, partially wet during the ITA race. Brian Price "checked out" for the win, Ed was second for a while before an "off" mistake allowed Jeff by for a decisive second place. I'm guessing no more lap records today (oops, sorry: I'm not supposed to "report" a LACK of ITA lap records, so scratch that last sentence...)
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 08-22-2010 at 06:50 PM.

i don't think i've ever claimed to be anything other than a regular dude in the racing world? i was at the ARRC last year, and i'm going to try and go again this year? i'd be happy to attend every IT Fest, ARRC, or whatever with all the frontrunners if someone would pay my tow bill to get there.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    So did you get to try anything new this weekend??

Yes I did, thankyouverymuch!!

First time at the track and ran a 1/10th off Cefelo's record. Yup, something was workin' good!! I'll shoot you an e-mail with details.

It rained right up until our race yesterday. THe top three of us when on dries, everyone else I think went out on wets. I think we all lapped the field. Times were about a second off the previous day.

Scariest moments: Come up on three SSB Camero's, running nose to tail on street tires (for rains?) and trying to get by them. Had to do it TWICE.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I have to say Jeff's Saturn was pretty damn impressive on Sat. to watch in the dry. With lap traffic both Lawton and York weren't far off from Price and seemed to be reeling him in towards the end.

Sunday was quite a mess with the on and off rain. The lowest moment was the back marker ITS 300zx sending the 1st place ITB car in turn two only two laps into the race. Destroyed the whole side of the car, no reason to be sticking your nose in the middle of the ITB leaders when your running in the back of ITS. Another reason I love ITS - ITB split starts at Summit Point. We know the guy so I'll give him that it must have been a brain fart, but still needs to come and talk to the B driver atleast...
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

What's better than taking the day off and slipping my triple espresso while watching day-time soap operas on Univision when I don't understand spanish? it.com We should have a new slogan "Improvedtouring.com, better than UNIVISON" - I find that funny Anyways, good to hear that records were broken and that we're able to get some details of the action when we're not there. I wish I was there to watch and help out*. I ended up heading to NJMP two weekends ago (for the first time myself) to crew for a close BMWCCA driver/friend of mine, Jesse Clark, and also watch a little of the ProIT when Marc broke the ITA record. Interesting track with lots of turns, but not much in elevation changes on Thunderbolt unlike Lighting.

- Can't blame Greg for his comments
    - Sad to see that Andy is not out there tearing it up with the rest of the them in the northeast
    - Happy to see that a Jeff, a good driver in a fwd, could keep up with 'them' at NJMP. There's still some slim chance for me
    - Sorry that there was ANY contact... that's just not appropriate
    - Happy Monday to all those whiners..."just sayin'"

* "Building for next year",
    Mickey
    Last edited by mossaidis; 08-23-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.