Thread: Volvo 142 spring rates

Default Volvo 142 spring rates

Is everyone running the 675 lb/in front/225 lb/in spring rates from the BHP Developments kit?
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

Yes, most of the 142 that I built or serviced used these springs. More or less.
    If you want to get close on the 242, you need to figure the wheel rate of both cars. The 142 has about a 60% wheel rate, maybe a little more.
    Down and dirty measurement is to move the wheel 4 in and measure the spring perch travel. The ratio of movement is the ratio of effective spring rate....
    The 242 is near 90% ..
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

I'm just looking for a ball park figure for starters. I plan on measuring and creating a complete suspension model once the car is on the ground.
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

The springs are an essential part of the suspension system of your car. They absorb road shock and initial. SPAX SSX Spring Kits are ideal if you want to reduce your car to get good looks and a sporty ride. Most springs reduction can give your car a beautiful and trekking.

Don't look now, but I think we're being spammed, the old fashioned way. This reply makes about as much sense as the other 4 or 5 our new friend posted last night.

Having said all that, I'm VERY interested in giving my car a trekking. Boy, the VW crowd is going to be surprised when I show up with that at the next race!
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael