Thread: Help! Exhaust Too Loud

Default Help! Exhaust Too Loud

I just put a 'new' exhaust on my RX-7 race car this weekend and it's WAY too loud. Apart from putting in a new resonator, which I will do eventually, is there a way to quiet it down? Will a cone insert like this one http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DTC-72-32520/ work? For what its worth, I'm running a 3'' pipe.

Rotaries are unique beasts where sound is concerned, but you can start by putting an elbow on the outlet end of the pipe pointing away from sound control.

K

Perhaps a supertrap with just a few cones in it. Could never get my 12a quiet enough for track days. Saw a guy on friday at LRP(NASA track day) thaat had a 2nd gen 13b. He had 2 inlins mufflers underneath and a third muffler attached at a right angle off the rear bumper!! Must be tough to go up the back hill and get it on the trailer, too.

Forget those SuperTrapp Plate reduction. You need to consult with rotary experts...assuming they can hear!

Those motors are pretty difficult to get quiet without the correct system.

Default exhaust

get up with steve eckerich , he has one of the best exhaust systems out there for 2nd gen rx-7s. you didn't say which gen you have. isc racing has one also ,but i think mike doesn't keep any in stock. steve's type makes the most power and is really quiet. there are other rx-7 shops that offer thier verion. ralph

how would i get in touch with steve?
    Drew

PM me and I will give you my number.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)