Hey guys...new here, but my project isn't. It was sold off these forums back in 2007, but I bought it from the guy who owned it for the last ~3 years.

My background: I've owned a 1996 240SX for 13 years, and it's been my primary "fun car" - HPDE's and some autocross. I do all my own work...and this car has gone through several iterations...but it's currently powered by a stock motor with a T3/T4 turbo setup (325rwhp at ~12psi). Upgraded suspension, wheels/tires, 4-point roll cage, Z32 brakes, etc...round it out.

In the last 10 years or so, I've bought/fixed up/sold another eight 240SX's to fund my hobby.

Most recent project car is the ITA 240SX I alluded to above. It was built and raced by "BB Racing" for a couple years...sold in 2007 to a local Porsche race shop...and finally wound up in my garage earlier this year.

I bought it to resurrect it, and possibly get into IT racing.

I've documented my progress so far on another forum, but here's the condensed version - - - - - - >

Here's a pic of the car as it sat when I bought it:

It's currently got a stock SOHC under the hood.

The good: Koni Yellows with Ground Control sleeves, 225/45-15 Hoosier R6's on 15x7 Team Dynamic wheels (2 sets), Nismo 2-way diff with 4.6 gears, Momo seat, window net, arm net, JWT ECU, Injen intake, no muffler (first thing I'll fix!). Has a fuel cell that they added. Griffin radiator.

Has a spare .40-over motor (in pieces), spare trans, and a tons of other misc. bits (wiring harness, stock ECU, engine accessories, etc...).

The bad: It's a used racecar, with a little evidence of rust (rear rockers, under the hood, stuff like that)...BUT it's old rust, it's been prepped/painted since...so it's more like "sheetmetal with pinholes" in the questionable spots.

Needs a ton of little TLC to make it nice...but that part I'm looking forward to.

UPDATE #1: Dragging it home...

Right now...it's not up to par. The headgasket is DONE.

I thought it was a little 'off' when I looked at it the first time, but the team manager said the compression/leakdown was good. Not the case today.

No huge deal, I still bought it...

I'll fix the motor that's in it...its just a HG. Bang around in it for a short while, sort it out...then drop in the "built" motor when I get it assembled.

Anyway, pics:

Leaving the shop:

It's new home:

Spares (some of it):