Thread: Fastest window net setup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I attatch the bottom of the net to chains, bolted to the second cross bar gussets.
    Unhooked, the net ass hangs over the top bar , not hindering the escape or catching on drivers suit. keeping the top bar clean will aid in the long run.

I use a button type of seat belt latch on the A pillar down bar, and a big hole in a gusset at the B bar. I mount the front attatchment system well around the bar to avoid hitting it with a helmet upon exit.
    I have cut off most of the net systems that have come in used race cars, esp. if I hit my head or tug at any clothing.
    I tape the crap out of the net on race day to keep it from sliding all over.
    Any of the front latch methods can work OK. If the net is real tight, the driver will have problems getting it hooked up, belted in. The push button seat belt latch is the easiest in this respect. Leave a little bit of bar under the latch to hit with your hand and it should latch.
    RE Tab; Mount the tab on the net bar and the latch on the roll bar!! The tab is the first thing thatI cut off.
    Last edited by Flyinglizard; 08-15-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/