Thread: FIA seat mount measurements

Default FIA seat mount measurements

I'd like to get measurements of the thickness of standard seat mounts offered for sale by makers of FIA homologated seats.

I'm trying to gather this data for a letter Re: the proposed FIA seat mounting rules to make it have some realistic enforcement ability. as it is its too open to scrutineer bias / interpretation. thanks for the help!

please list make, material, and brief description of the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    I'd like to get measurements of the thickness of standard seat mounts offered for sale by makers of FIA homologated seats.

I'm trying to gather this data for a letter Re: the proposed FIA seat mounting rules to make it have some realistic enforcement ability. as it is its too open to scrutineer bias / interpretation. thanks for the help!

please list make, material, and brief description of the mount.
    Are you referring to the side plates? If so what material do you want: steel or aluminum?
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

Quote Originally Posted by rsportvolvo View Post
    Are you referring to the side plates? If so what material do you want: steel or aluminum?
    I think he's grabbing for any/all information he can get, so I'd vote for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    I think he's grabbing for any/all information he can get, so I'd vote for both.
    yes - all i can get to kind of work an average or minimum for various mount types used by FIA homologating seat manufacturers. just let me know the thickness, material, mount type and manufacturer.

much appreciated

These are all side mounts, which appears to be the standard used by most FIA seat manufacturers.

Cobra - Aluminum: 5mm
    Momo - Steel: ?mm, Aluminum: ?mm
    OMP - Steel: 3mm, Aluminum: 6mm
    Racetech - Steel: 3mm, Aluminum: 5mm
    Recaro - Steel: ?mm, Aluminum: ?mm
    Sabelt - Steel: 3mm, Aluminum:; 5mm
    Sparco - Steel: ?mm, Aluminum: ?mm

I'll update as I get more info. I have a inquiry into to Driving Impressions for the Momo info.
    Last edited by rsportvolvo; 08-09-2010 at 10:20 PM. Reason: added side mount to description
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

wow thanks david!

FIA TL No.12 (8855-1999) is damn near fully side-mount, though manufacturers have been selling more and more dual mount seats - still don't see many lower mount only. from what you have posted it seems that 3mm steel and 5mm Al-alloy are reasonable minima.
    Last edited by Chip42; 08-09-2010 at 10:26 PM.