Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
Steve and Josh both did well in spite of the weather and a few lingering mechanical gremlins. Mike had a bit more trouble coming to terms with the track but had a good time and showed improvement. unfortunatley our ITS civic continues to seem cursed.

Paul Ronie won sat and sun, with Jay Griffon (usually in HP) taking 2nd sunday with his 1st gen CRX. VWs (missed the names) in 3rd/4th and the TSM boys above filling out the top 6 sunday.

Anyone seriously contesting ITB in the SARRC be aware - there's a WAY cheated up 2nd gen CRX out of the Florida region currently running 2nd in the ITB SARRC standings.

He had his hood off in impound after the "saturday" race (sunday AM due to rain) for a transponder check where we happened to see that he was running a JDM D15B VTEC with a Y5/8 manifold rather than the stock dual-point TB injected D15B2 (not-VTEC). he was pretty adamant that he believed it to be legal, and he's new (member number 37X,XXX)so I guess that's possible, though he obviously hadn't read the rules in that case.

he was nearly violent and very argumentative when we called him out - we were trying to be gentlemanly about it, and did not file a formal protest. After some intervention from Paul Ronie he agreed to waive his points for the weekend. He was listed in 2nd place in the SARRC points going into the weekend.

overall the car had a lot of smaller legality issues - most of which are irrelevant and certianly wouldn't be proteste worthy, particularly in light of the blatantly illegal motor swap. I think the SARRC ITB comunity needs to be aware of this ONLY because he made it clear he was shooting for the SARRC championship.

The car is white with a gold cage, purple and orange graphics wrap, number 1. If he shows at the SIC and hasn't fixed it, we're planning on sending him home in boxes out of principle.
Thanks for the heads-up .I am competing for the SARRC title and would like to run against "legal" cars. I haven't done the SIC since "04 ,but it's always a great race with the best drivers in the division,so I hope to see a lot of B cars from "down your way" in Savannah.
I've got a yellow A2 VW sponsored by Competition Cages. Stop on by. I will bring a 16 valve head ...just in case...maybe no one will notice..
Chris Schimmel