Thread: Letting off Steam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dan,
    I was watching from the hill also and I have to say that the braking move on your part was optimistic. I Also saw your RF wheel locked and saw Kip make a second move to the left to avoid your car, at which point you slid up the track and hit him. Regardless of where he decides to turn in it is still your responsibility as the overtaking driver to complete a safe pass.
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eprodrx7 View Post
    Dan,
    I was watching from the hill also and I have to say that the braking move on your part was optimistic. I Also saw your RF wheel locked and saw Kip make a second move to the left to avoid your car, at which point you slid up the track and hit him. Regardless of where he decides to turn in it is still your responsibility as the overtaking driver to complete a safe pass.
    John, I was right behind him I started in the middle of the track coming into turn 7, he moved over to block my pass, I went farther to the right to make the pass from the inside, still totally in control of the brakes and the car then he made another move to the right and that's when he hit me! I would have made the pass if he didn't make the second move. This is the way it happened. If you didn't see it this way your wrong. My right front wheel probably started to lock up when I saw he was coming over on me. Other people saw what happened also and the people that know my know I don't lie. The only move to the left he made was after he hit me!

It's also said you have to give racing room as stated in the gcr.

Dan, it's not about you or Kip lieing. How many times while watching racing do you hear drivers "that driver ran right into me!" only to watch the broadcast replays and learn something else happened. Possibly in this situation there's another side?

You didn't answer - did you approach Kip and get his side? Did you seek out video from any competitors who were behind you, then review it as well? Since you still are pretty upset, maybe contact Kip via e-mail (being polite and giving him a chance to hear how he views things)? Without doing any of these things, you're just going to remain pissed off. For all you know he's posted something on another forum about you.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

My wife and I watched that video last night; she said the exact same thing happened to her at the end of Sunday's quali race! Only diff, she saw it coming and bailed off-track... and cracked the fuel tank as a result. Finished the race, but had to go home without running the last race.

She thinks it was probably the same guy, too.
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Default Wow!

I just wanted to say, I had a great time at Mid-Ohio this weekend. I met a lot of great passionate racers / drivers and fans.

I did run about 15 laps with #21 Ray on Sunday after the wreck and I thought he gave me plenty of room. He might of "chopped" me in Madness once, but I didn't feel the need to wreck the guy or be mad at him.

I wasn't pushing it at all since the first time I ever saw the track was on Friday night. And if anyone followed me at any point during the weekend, I was braking, way, way early at the end of the straight away. So I was not going to push my luck.

Sorry for your guys contact through out the weekend, I didn't have any and I didn't go off the track either, which was nice.

I will return, probably not this year, but I will return.

Had a great time #00 ITB Mustang
    Tom - Waterford Hills regular
    Tom
    Owner/Driver of the TF American Racing Mustang ITB/STU #00 (in repair mode)

I don't just burn the candle at both ends...I use a blow torch"

http://tfamericanracing.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by EBSNASCAR View Post
    I just wanted to say, I had a great time at Mid-Ohio this weekend. I met a lot of great passionate racers / drivers and fans.

I did run about 15 laps with #21 Ray on Sunday after the wreck and I thought he gave me plenty of room. He might of "chopped" me in Madness once, but I didn't feel the need to wreck the guy or be mad at him.

I wasn't pushing it at all since the first time I ever saw the track was on Friday night. And if anyone followed me at any point during the weekend, I was braking, way, way early at the end of the straight away. So I was not going to push my luck.

Sorry for your guys contact through out the weekend, I didn't have any and I didn't go off the track either, which was nice.

Tom, if #21 is the ITB VW with checkered rear quarters, he is the one who knocked me out of contention with the Porsche becaues he either doesn't care or watch his mirrors even though I had my headlights on and blue flags were waving. He did chop me off at madness. I will thank him the next time I see him!

Quote Originally Posted by EBSNASCAR View Post

Tom,

Man! You were wringing the crap out that 'Stang on Sunday. Great job! I stopped by your pit 2-3 times to talk but never caught up with you.

I was in the black/orange ITB Civic behind you and the #21 VW for those same 15 laps. I agree that all three of us raced clean for that stint. I even talked with the #21 driver after Sunday's race and he commented on how close but clean the three of us drove. In the end I got around you both, and had Heckman in my sights, but there just weren't enough laps remaining.

However, I have multiple videos showing the #21 chopping/blocking/wrecking at least 5 other cars during the weekend. He never did any of that to me, but I can see why others are understandable upset with the #21.

Dan
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dhardison View Post

...However, I have multiple videos showing the #21 chopping/blocking/wrecking at least 5 other cars during the weekend. He never did any of that to me, but I can see why others are understandable upset with the #21.

Dan
    Ray was one spot over from me in the paddock all weekend. What was most memorable was the sound of mexican speed wrenches (sledge hammers) being applied to the #21 after every session! And his father's comment - 'how did that happen, this time....'
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by dhardison View Post
    Tom,

Man! You were wringing the crap out that 'Stang on Sunday. Great job! I stopped by your pit 2-3 times to talk but never caught up with you.

I was in the black/orange ITB Civic behind you and the #21 VW for those same 15 laps. I agree that all three of us raced clean for that stint. I even talked with the #21 driver after Sunday's race and he commented on how close but clean the three of us drove. In the end I got around you both, and had Heckman in my sights, but there just weren't enough laps remaining.

However, I have multiple videos showing the #21 chopping/blocking/wrecking at least 5 other cars during the weekend. He never did any of that to me, but I can see why others are understandable upset with the #21.

Dan
    Thanks for the kudos. Just trying my best and hoping to stay out of everyone's way. (Chris Childs / Vaughan Scott / Charlie Tabel were a big help too!) Kinda crazy how the #21 drove us clean but was a pin ball the rest of the weekend. Sorry I missed you, I will have to catch up with you another time.
    Tom
    Owner/Driver of the TF American Racing Mustang ITB/STU #00 (in repair mode)

I don't just burn the candle at both ends...I use a blow torch"

http://tfamericanracing.blogspot.com