Quote Originally Posted by Racerlinn View Post
Dan, my opinion only, but I'm sorry to say that the deal with Kip at the start, in my view from the hill, looked very much like a very deep braking move on your part and an early turn in on his. It looked like a racing deal. Sorry the aftermath went as far as it did, I had the opportunity to speak with Kip since he was in the garage next door to me and he said he simply wanted to race, he wanted nothing to do with any involvement with stewards. Wish you had video, that would have been valueable.

As far as starting on the back stretch, I liked it and I think it was better than starting on the front where the back half of the field is cluttered up in the carousel. But I agree having the pace car bring the field farther around would be helpful.
YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT! EARLY TURN IN! This is exactly what i told him! I had my braking under control and would have made it pass him easily if he didn't turn in early. He turned in early to block he and for no other reason! So why was I penalized? Why didn't the stewards hear what you said or did they and they didn't care even that was exactly what I told them?! I could have used my bumper on him a few times but I didn't ever though a few people that watch the race said I should have.
I hope he like his race on Sunday!