Thread: Letting off Steam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    It never crossed my mind... I guess I was too busy trying to repair a mirror for the upcoming race. In fact, I wasn't even sure which VW it was. I thought maybe it was the no. 21-- I had been warned about him once two years ago-- but couldn't tell.

Wish I could have seen the video. Does it show the car's number?

Thanks for offering your help to the proper authorities anyway...
    It was 21. Once I get this transmission rebuild figured out I'll see if I can post some video. Will also be interesting for those that weren't there to see what those starts were like.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    It was 21. Once I get this transmission rebuild figured out I'll see if I can post some video. Will also be interesting for those that weren't there to see what those starts were like.
    Thanks Marty, for verifying the car number. Would love to see the video.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    Thanks Marty, for verifying the car number. Would love to see the video.
    Here ya go. Wonder if I know how to do this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rncaOE9vwoo[/ame]
    Last edited by Eagle7; 08-04-2010 at 10:50 PM.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    Here ya go. Wonder if I know how to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rncaOE9vwoo
    Am I the only one here who watched that white Golf carve through the field like an old Speed Racer cartoon or scene from Days of Thunder, thinking that it would take a LOT of poop under the hood to make that possible...?

K

^^ ditto that - I hardly believe the IT-fest drivers would be lack the nuts to drive all out and just let someone drive by. Also, mentioned before... he violates the GCR by not controling his car, adds insult to injury (as well as literal) by saying his tires were off and yet he didn't slow down "ok, so you can't be in control of your car if you drive like that since your tires are off". This guy along with the SoM are direct contradictions to what the GCR spells out in black and white. PLEASE PLEASE Appeal!
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    ^^ ditto that - I hardly believe the IT-fest drivers would be lack the nuts to drive all out and just let someone drive by. Also, mentioned before... he violates the GCR by not controling his car, adds insult to injury (as well as literal) by saying his tires were off and yet he didn't slow down "ok, so you can't be in control of your car if you drive like that since your tires are off". This guy along with the SoM are direct contradictions to what the GCR spells out in black and white. PLEASE PLEASE Appeal!
    i think you are combining incidents. the vw did not hit the shelby.

well, at least not in the video link i posted.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    i think you are combining incidents. the vw did not hit the shelby.

well, at least not in the video link i posted.
    You are correct - my apologizes (see roverelf - it's not that hard). Another example where I should NOT be posting during work hours.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Am I the only one here who watched that white Golf carve through the field like an old Speed Racer cartoon or scene from Days of Thunder, thinking that it would take a LOT of poop under the hood to make that possible...?
    Haha, no I noticed that too, but I can tell you that running down the backstraight with my Dad all weekend, the two cars were pretty equal. Basically whoever was in the draft got the better drive. In that clip I think he just got a good jump.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    Haha, no I noticed that too, but I can tell you that running down the backstraight with my Dad all weekend, the two cars were pretty equal. Basically whoever was in the draft got the better drive. In that clip I think he just got a good jump.
    I'm with Kevin. The B cars were eating my lunch in the corners all weekend. In this traffic jam at the start I was biding my time waiting for openings. Apparently #21 saw some openings that I didn't.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

Regarding the speed of the #21 ITB - I agree, no odd power advantage here. I even watched Sunday PM from the keyhole, observing his group, and he wasn't the fastest car down the back straight - Tom (Forst - #00) could get a decent run on him at least half the laps. I just see someone who was on the ball going through the Esses, and made a move for some clear track that was perhaps over-optimistic... but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same. I just might've done it a little cleaner, that's all - but that's experience, which this newer driver apparently didn't have. Though maybe he's a lot more experienced now!

Something's got to be done to bring the ITS driver to justice. Sorry, but it DOES seem like the stewards are puss-ing out on this, from everything I've seen and heard.

Intent has all of jack squat to do with it. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you in the wall!" Oh, well that makes it all better, doesn't it?

I can do nothing, I was only a crew b*tch this weekend. It's up to the participants involved. Matt - here's hoping closer scrutiny and video review makes your appeal go more smoothly. It may also be appropriate that you discuss with my wife and her experiences with this guy...

EDIT: Anyone have video from Madness, trackside, during the Sunday AM quali race (group 2)? Last lap, where #77 ITB went off?
    Last edited by 924Guy; 08-06-2010 at 08:29 AM.
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Quote Originally Posted by 924Guy View Post
    .......Something's got to be done to bring the ITS driver to justice. Sorry, but it DOES seem like the stewards are puss-ing out on this, from everything I've seen and heard..........
    after the fact with video and time on our hands it is a much clearer picture than what the stewards likely had in hand.

but i agree. this should be appealed with the video included. stupid question, does the appeal process still require VHS format?
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    but i agree. this should be appealed with the video included. stupid question, does the appeal process still require VHS format?
    Pretty much any video format is acceptable. Keep in mind that you must submit the entire original video, not an extract.

The video will be returned at the end of the appeals process. It's still a good idea to keep a copy for yourself, just in case.

For a writeup on the appeals process, see the January Fastrack, or download the CoA procedure from driverinfo.johnnesbitt.com

Quote Originally Posted by 924Guy View Post

I can do nothing, I was only a crew b*tch this weekend. It's up to the participants involved.
    Strictly speaking, you can. From GCR 8.1.5 (emphasis added):

Any entrant, driver, crew, organizer, or official participating in an event

may protest any decision, act, or omission of another entrant, driver,
    crew, organizer, official, or any other person connected with that event
    whose actions the protestor believes to be in error or which violate the
    GCR, the Supplemental Regulations, or any condition involving SCCA’s
    sanction of the event.

Normally, it's the affected driver who protests, but it's not limited to the driver.
    Last edited by John Nesbitt; 08-06-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    Strictly speaking, you can. From GCR 8.1.5 (emphasis added):

Any entrant, driver, crew, organizer, or official participating in an event

may protest any decision, act, or omission of another entrant, driver,
    crew, organizer, official, or any other person connected with that event
    whose actions the protestor believes to be in error or which violate the
    GCR, the Supplemental Regulations, or any condition involving SCCA’s
    sanction of the event.

Normally, it's the affected driver who protests, but it's not limited to the driver.
    OH! Duh! I did read your excellent posts on protests etc... but I guess that shows that retention is less-than-perfect! Cheers!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Interesting video. What am I missing? It looks like Sr Ruck can't figure out who to block, he's inside trying to block the mustang and then tries to slide left to block the vw. (keeping in mind that by block I mean "squeeze", not necessarily "block illegally")

What caught my eye was how far inside the mustang was, I was thinking, does he know where the corner goes, then I wondered why there was even room on the outside at the turn in for the vw.

I'm trying to figure out how the vw's move is any different from the move made by the orange honda in the rear view who goes BETWEEN cars in pretty much the same place.

I'm willing to learn, what am I missing here?

Whoops, I missed the contact with the mustang going up the hill, that was a bad move.
    Last edited by jumbojimbo; 08-04-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    It looks like Sr Ruck can't figure out who to block, he's inside trying to block the mustang and then tries to slide left to block the vw. (keeping in mind that by block I mean "squeeze", not necessarily "block illegally")
    In Marty's video? My Dad's not even around a Mustang or a VW in that video. Yes, maybe sliding left in front of Tom's Honda into turn 11 could be seen as "blocking", but it's not like there was any near contact or darting moves. That's all I'm seeing, and it was probably just a manuever to pass Dan, which worked.

And believe me, if my Dad does something dumb on track, I'm the first person to yell at him for it.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Sounds like an interesting weekend. Sorry we missed it (well, the ITC race anyway, they had a real barnburner going)
    On a tangent, I'm looking into new video systems for our cars. Marty, what are you using? I LOVE that front and rear view screen like that!
    Is that the Chasecam system?
    Anyone else, feel free to chime in about what you have in your car currently.
    OK, back to your regularly scheduled program...
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

I'm at work and can't see the video but what I remember is...

In the short chute leading up the right hander to enter thunder valley.
    The red mustang is way right, maybe scared by the vw or maybe trying to get inside the orange honda I thought was RuckSr.
    The honda is middle of the road or maybe slightly right, perhaps protecting the inside line, but leaving enough room on the outside turn in point for a full car, which the vw jumps into.
    On the exit I can't see what happens but it's likely the honda drifts out and the vw comes back and maybe they bump?

Definitely I didn't mean to imply the honda(?) was blocking, I meant protecting. But in doing so, he was way right of the ripple strips at the turn in point and there was room for a car on his outside.

again, i seems to me the vw is doing nothing much different from the car in rear view, that car went BETWEEN cars at the same point at the turn entry.

I'm not definding the Chopster but I guess I'd like someone to point out step by step what the vw did so wrong in the video. seems like he squeezed dan at madness, definitely hit the mustang, but besides that nothing sticks out to me as different from what everyone else is doing. dive in on 9, yeah, cars in front in back doing that too.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

but besides that
    LOL! That was only 55 seconds of the event.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

[QUOTE=jumbojimbo;309918]
    What caught my eye was how far inside the mustang was, I was thinking, does he know where the corner goes, then I wondered why there was even room on the outside at the turn in for the vw.
    QUOTE]

I think you're referencing my approach to Turn 11 after the contact with the VW. The contact ripped off my sideview mirror, and, being in close quarters action, I couldn't see if anybody was to my left. I didn't want to be a d*ck like the VW and just drive brazenly...
    Last edited by RedMisted; 08-05-2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series