Thread: Letting off Steam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    I think I know who hit you on Saturday. If it is who I think it is, he is a young kid, just starting out. Needs to go back to Driver's School and learn how to race, which is a lot different than knowing how to drive. Probably been watching too much NASCAR.

Sorry I did not get a change to meet you in person. I'll have to look you up at Nelson, or your next race at MO.
    We already met. I was the one passing out the "PLN" stickers two years ago at Mid Ohio.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Dan, my opinion only, but I'm sorry to say that the deal with Kip at the start, in my view from the hill, looked very much like a very deep braking move on your part and an early turn in on his. It looked like a racing deal. Sorry the aftermath went as far as it did, I had the opportunity to speak with Kip since he was in the garage next door to me and he said he simply wanted to race, he wanted nothing to do with any involvement with stewards. Wish you had video, that would have been valueable.

As far as starting on the back stretch, I liked it and I think it was better than starting on the front where the back half of the field is cluttered up in the carousel. But I agree having the pace car bring the field farther around would be helpful.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Even if a person never intends to watch it, video sure can be useful in clearing up perceptions and issues out on track. How many times do drivers think it went down one way (amateur OR pro) when in reality it was a bit different? Often. I now am in the practice of running it anytime out on track during a race weekend just for these reasons.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    Even if a person never intends to watch it, video sure can be useful in clearing up perceptions and issues out on track. How many times do drivers think it went down one way (amateur OR pro) when in reality it was a bit different? Often. I now am in the practice of running it anytime out on track during a race weekend just for these reasons.
    I run a three camera setup, one pointed front, one out the back, and one on the driver (verifies point by's). SCCA Pro World Challange mandates the same system for just that reason - dispute resolution.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Racerlinn View Post
    Dan, my opinion only, but I'm sorry to say that the deal with Kip at the start, in my view from the hill, looked very much like a very deep braking move on your part and an early turn in on his. It looked like a racing deal. Sorry the aftermath went as far as it did, I had the opportunity to speak with Kip since he was in the garage next door to me and he said he simply wanted to race, he wanted nothing to do with any involvement with stewards. Wish you had video, that would have been valueable.

As far as starting on the back stretch, I liked it and I think it was better than starting on the front where the back half of the field is cluttered up in the carousel. But I agree having the pace car bring the field farther around would be helpful.
    YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT! EARLY TURN IN! This is exactly what i told him! I had my braking under control and would have made it pass him easily if he didn't turn in early. He turned in early to block he and for no other reason! So why was I penalized? Why didn't the stewards hear what you said or did they and they didn't care even that was exactly what I told them?! I could have used my bumper on him a few times but I didn't ever though a few people that watch the race said I should have.
    I hope he like his race on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Racerlinn View Post
    ... But I agree having the pace car bring the field farther around would be helpful.
    I believe that the IRL pulls the pace car off on driver's left at three. There is a gate there that they can use to get back to their normal parking spot. It would involve coming through the B-C split and then up the pit lane (either hot or cold pits) and pull in next to the ambulance.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com