Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
Yeah, that was a new "treat" from Mid Ohio. That pissed off a lot of people, as it wasn't stated ANYWHERE that the price would increase for night of "walk-up" registrations. Sorry to mislead; I had no idea they were going to do that, and they've never done it before (as far as I know).
I did talk to Adam Fisher with the track Sunday afternoon about this very subject. He was unaware that a late fee had been added and that the scheduled practice starts from the Pro stand did not happen. As I expressed to him its hard for Cincy region or any other to promote a T & T and then have surprises added. He said a review of the weekend will happen today or tomorrow and he is curious to see what the school folks have to report. This has been a very successful event for them before with 68 cars participating last year. I don't know how the extra fee was justified but I think it may have hurt attendance. All in all a bad PR move. I do want to thank the instructors for making sure everyone knew that the decisions made were not made by Cincinnati Region and that were not in any way involved with the T & T besides helping to promote it.

Todd