Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro IT Race - NJMP - August 14-15, 2010

Some of my photos of the ProIT race... Sorry Tim, your car was blurry... ah cause it was going so fast...

Last edited by mossaidis; 08-17-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Forgive me since I am posting without getting consent from the involved drivers. Also forgive if I get any of the details incorrect. Correct me and I will edit my post.

During the last 10 min of the ProIT race:
    - Theile boots DocBro from behind at the turn before the villas
    - DocBro gets launched into the air (I was watching with my mouth open instead of taking the photos)
    - I assume Theile can see DocBro's undercarriage as DocBro is skating around the turn on his two left wheels, the right ones are probably 6 feet in the air
    - DocBro's rear left wheel becomes a projectile
    - The car lands causing impact damage to the rear left quarter panel
    - DocBro car continues to spin clockwise
    - Front tires and right rear tires now connect with the ground. The momentum coupled with his new traction cause DocBro to go into a slightly more violent clockwise spin
    - and then the following three photos were taken:

Last edited by mossaidis; 08-17-2010 at 12:22 PM.
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Certainly a curious course of events. The fact is that the left rear axle snapped. Short of having video from an outside perspective, one may not know if the failure occured before or after the car contact. Just sayin'......
    Christian J. Chandler
    BMW 318is
    #26 ITA
    JiM Power

Quote Originally Posted by cchandler View Post
    Certainly a curious course of events. The fact is that the left rear axle snapped. Short of having video from an outside perspective, one may not know if the failure occured before or after the car contact. Just sayin'......

Yup.....all depends on who ya ask and how much you believe them......or it could be the way it was described by me and the corner worker and the witnesses......just sayin'

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Did someone file a protest? what was the outcome? If not, then we're just blowing hot air here perhaps even splitting hairs as to the timing of events. To that... my point of view was not ideal in determining the course of all the events. Their plane of direction had just passed me as the incident occured and did not actually see the cars make contact though it was clear they were dam close. Based on the location of the flagging station, the corner workers should have been able to clearly determine when contact was made compared to when the axle snapped off. It's clear what Rob believes. What did Theile have to say? Does Theile have video/audio segments that help support or disapprove his beliefs? Was it presented?
    '92 Honda Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Did someone file a protest? what was the outcome? If not, then we're just blowing hot air here perhaps even splitting hairs as to the timing of events. To that... my point of view was not ideal in determining the course of all the events. Their plane of direction had just passed me as the incident occured and did not actually see the cars make contact though it was clear they were dam close. Based on the location of the flagging station, the corner workers should have been able to clearly determine when contact was made compared to when the axle snapped off. It's clear what Rob believes. What did Theile have to say? Does Theile have video/audio segments that help support or disapprove his beliefs? Was it presented?

No protests, no video. Wouldn't have changed a thing. Corner worker said he thought we touched tires and that's what launched the car, the resulting axel break was from the impact of landing on 2 wheels. Don't know I was pretty much an airborn passenger...I frankly don't really care. This season has been a complete dissappointment anyway and I will be VERY selective about my schedule and club moving forward....

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

Sorry to hear you had a frustrating season Rob, I know that a lot of people in fendered classes seem to be getting fed up with avoidable contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Valet View Post
    Sorry to hear you had a frustrating season Rob, I know that a lot of people in fendered classes seem to be getting fed up with avoidable contact.

Thanks Dennis. It's that plus the Summit Point ordeal, and losing a championship....and a whole bunch of repairs.

Just whining I guess

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

Rob, I thought that kind a thing only happens to 2002's LOL Glad to see the damage was semi minimized. It could have easly ended much worse. She could have rolled over or atleast skidded on her side. Definatly a trip to the frame machine. I bet it came down pretty hard after the little flight. I 'll hold a spot in line for you if you would like.

So, was this avoidable contact? or just a racing deal?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bro View Post
    Thanks Dennis. It's that plus the Summit Point ordeal, and losing a championship....and a whole bunch of repairs.

Just whining I guess

R
    Rob, you can thank you lucky stars! That could have been catastrophic. I heard of a guy who broke a left hub in a fast right hand turn @ Robling and his E36 BMW was total scrap, he was ok. I'd really like to see some pics of the axle break but the reality of it is it may have been a fatigue faliure of a part. Those axles are really strong and unless someone hit you directly on a wheel..well even then It would be hard to break one of those axles.
    I'm glad things turned out as well as they did for you.
    Last edited by dj10; 08-19-2010 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks to Terry, Darryl and everyone involved with the Pro-IT. Hard to believe the season is over already!. See you in 2011!
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Thanks Rob and all the other drivers for making 2010 a fun season with a few bumps in the road. Feels funny being done in August.

We will be contacting all Pro IT drivers about what we want to do in 2011 and also about the points system. Things will change in 2011 for the schedule and the points & prize structure.

I'm calculating the season end prize fund and will have that after this weekend. If you owe me a W9 get it to me or I'll use your funds to buy tires for my Mazda.

Thanks again from the JRB, Terry, Bob and myself. We can do it better and we will.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Will you be doing an open forum or just emails for suggestions? If you are doing a forum should we look here or the Pro-it website? I ran every race until this year when I got discouraged.

Stephen

We can do an open forum here as long as we behave.

I'll start a new thread.
    You can also contact me or Terry directly through this forum or through the www.ProITSeries.com site.

With the 2010 Pro IT season over what went well, didn't go well, needs improving for 2011, left alone, etc.....
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony