Thread: can someone explain to me time limit for classing IT cars?

Default can someone explain to me time limit for classing IT cars?

ITB
    1. #1333 (Tom Lamb) Review and adjust weight of ITB CRX Si as appropriate
    This car classification is older than 5 years. Changing the weight would not be in accord with 9.1.3.C next to last paragraph.

However, the ITAC plans to consider a rule change proposal to address modifications of older IT classifications.
    from the gcr:

At the end of a vehicle’s fourth year of Improved Touring classification, an assessment of class equity shall be made and the vehicle’s minimum weight shall be established.
    so if the crx si was classed 1/1/2005, then the end of the 4th year would be 12/31/2009, correct?

and from the same Fastrack there is this regarding being late from COA Ref. No. COA 10-05-NP:

FINDINGS

Mr. Pizzo stated he
    experienced difficulty in filing his appeal electronically. As a result, his appeal was received late. The COA reviewed his efforts; information supplied by the Club Racing Office, determined his appeal to be timely, and heard it.

i guess i was under the assumption that since i first asked for my car's weight to be reviewed/revised 11/23/2008 and again 10/6/2009 , i feel that i made the deadlines.

to not get around to it until now, a few months after my inquiries of May and June of this year and claim "too late" seems a bit disingenuous.

1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

"Disingenuous" = twelve-dollar word for "bullshit."

You got screwed. I documented the timeline of your requests based on communications that I saw firsthand. It so should have gotten a correct review.

Frankly, I'm completely convinced that your problem is that a couple of key people on the CRB just didn't want that to happen.

K

Tom, here is what happened.

Your request for review and analysis is well-thought out and (while I'm not completely persuaded yet) a smart approach given what you had been hearing about the CRB wanting some sort of displacement analysis, or "like to like" engine comparison when setting weights in IT.

To cut to the chase, read the second sentence in the "decision" on your car. Your car and many others are on hold while we try to work out with the CRB how we are going to process older listings.

However, while the 08 request was before my time, I will check it and see. If you made the request in time, then I agree -- the door is open for us to take a hard look at the ITB CRX Si and we have the ability under the rules to do so.

I'll bring it to Josh's attention (hell, he'll read this today probably) and we will see if we can discuss it Monday night.

Thanks Tom. Again, you put a lot of effort into the review request and it is appreciated.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I thought no cars were being changed at this point in time until some other things got figured out regardless of if within the 5 year window?

What is being used to determine proper classifications now going forward? Is the ITAC using one of the previous process versions or something else? Not a flip question, genuinely curious.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Jeff,

i read the second sentence but considering the typical rules change process, i really do not see anything happening prior to 2012. that is, discuss potential rules for a couple of months, then put out for member review/input and maybe get that done by the end of this year or early next year.

then changes would likely be implemented for 1/1/2012.

i guess i look like this a bit like sending my check into the IRS. i typically crowd the deadline and the decision for late fees and fines is based on when it was received by the government (i.e., mailed at the Post Office) and not based on it sitting in the queu at the IRS. if my 1040 is actually processed in Mid May, the IRS does not cry "late!" and penalize me for it.

i am trying to keep an open mind but i was really cranked last night when i read this. my first response wasn't to draft a note to reply, it was a FS ad for the car.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL